Women Workers in the Soviet Interwar Economy (Book Review)
- Women Workers in the Soviet Interwar Economy (Book). Husband, William B. // American Historical Review;Dec2002, Vol. 107 Issue 5, p1671
Reviews the book 'Women Workers in the Soviet Interwar Economy: From 'Protection' to 'Equality,' by Melanie IliÄ.
- Soviet State and Society Under Nikita Khrushchev. Gorsuch, Anne E. // Canadian Slavonic Papers;Mar2010, Vol. 52 Issue 1/2, p226
The article reviews the book "Soviet State and Society Under Nikita Khrushchev," edited by Melanie Illic and Jeremy Smith.
- Leadership Transition and Policy Change in the USSR after Stalin. TOMPSON, WILLIAM // Kritika: Explorations in Russian & Eurasian History;Winter2014, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p217
No abstract available.
- Soviet Women's Voices in the Stalin Era. Petrone, Karen // Journal of Women's History;Summer2004, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p197
Reviews several books on feminism. "Women in the Stalin Era," edited by Melanie Ilic; "My Life in Stalinist Russia: An American Woman," by Mary Leder; "Remembering the Darkness: Women in Soviet Prisons," edited and translated by Veronica Shapovalov; "A Dance With Death: Soviet Airwomen in World...
- Award winners stress business value of women. Whitfield, Martin // People Management;11/16/1995, Vol. 1 Issue 23, p7
Looks at the business case for advancing women in industry and commerce stressed by the winners for the best practice from Opportunity 2000. Research scientist training cost; Information about Avon Cosmetics and its working scheme; Reason why work hours discouraged women from applying promotion.
- Working women. // Career World;Mar1995, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p2
Presents data regarding the percentage of women in the global work force in 1993.
- Baby, if you want to get ahead (on the job)--grow up! Stein, B. // Cosmopolitan;Feb1991, Vol. 210 Issue 2, p98
Shares advice with women on how they can move quickly to positions of power, money, and prestige on their jobs. Do the job you were hired for; Learn how to be more productive; Show initiative; Other tips.
- What is corporate America doing for women? Bergman, C. // Cosmopolitan;Feb1991, Vol. 210 Issue 2, p216
Examines how some enlightened corporations are adopting a more flexible policy towards their female workers. Gender-bias programs; Day care issues; Elder care; Paternity programs; List of Cosmo's top 20 US corporations. INSET: What you can do..
- Handcrafted by women. Gardner, Marilyn // Christian Science Monitor;12/20/2000, Vol. 93 Issue 19, p15
Discusses the efforts of women internationally to raise money for their families, in jobs making handcrafted goods.