War and the British (Book Review)
- British Cultural Memory and the Second World War. MORLEY, JOEL // Twentieth Century British History;Dec2015, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p642
No abstract available.
- British Cultural Memory and the Second World War. Gardiner, Juliet // History Today;Dec2014, Vol. 64 Issue 12, p60
The article reviews the book "British Cultural Memory and the Second World War" edited by Lucy Noakes and Juliette Pattinson.
- Bursary holder's conference report. Holdorph, Anne // Women's History Magazine (1476-6760);Autumn2012, Issue 70, p44
The article presents information about the twenty-first annual conference of the Women's History Network (WHN), held at Cardiff University in Wales from September 7-9, 2012 and focusing on the theme "Women State and Nation: Creating Gendered Identities." Topics included women in post-World War...
- The World After the Russian--Georgian War: Views from the Region. Gorenburg, Dmitry // Russian Politics & Law;May/Jun2009, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p3
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including one by Kirill Solov'ev on the political map of Europe in the early 21st century, one by Zurab Bezhanishvili on the conflict and partnership between Russia and Georgia, and another one by Dmitrii Trenin on the war between...
- Russia's Discourses on Neighborhood and Identity. Gorenburg, Dmitry; Makarychev, Andrey // Russian Politics & Law;Sep/Oct2009, Vol. 47 Issue 5, p3
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editors discuss the article "The Russian-Georgian Armed Conflict: An Acute Case of Poisoning with Imperial Illusions," by Emil' Pain, "Misha and the Bear: The Bear Metaphor for Russia in Representations of the "Five-Day War"," by Oleg...
- The War With Iraq. // Scholastic News -- Edition 3;4/4/2003, Vol. 59 Issue 21, p2
Answers several questions about the war between the U.S. and Iraq in 2003.
- War Wary. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe;Mar2003, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p1
Focuses on the criticism drawn by the decision taken by the U.S. for war against Iraq. Parliamentary enthusiasm aroused by North Atlantic Treaty Organization-member governments; Possible effects of supporting the U.S. government.
- GAO cites faulty test equipment for hampering EW system readiness. Nordwall, B.D. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;10/9/1989, Vol. 131 Issue 15, p133
Discusses a General Accounting Office (GAO) survey that shows a high rate of faulty and unreliable built-in test (BIT) equipment in the Air Force's electronic warfare systems, hampering them from performing up to standards. Operational concept; Failures; GAO criticisms and responses.
- Misrata City Ordance. Shaw, Michael // BAGnewsNotes;7/ 2/2011, p1
A photograph depicting war in Misrata, Libya is presented.