- Fermin Rocker at Ninety. Rudolf, Anthony // Modern Painters;Winter1997, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p101
Reviews the art exhibition "Fermin Rocker," on view at the Bartley Dray in London, England from February 17 to March 7, 1998.
- Kropotkin Sunday. Warden, C. // New Statesman & Society;5/24/91, Vol. 4 Issue 152, p34
Opinion. Asserts that anarchism, unlike Marxism, has not died thanks to the creativity of Kropotkin. Discusses a meeting organized by local anarchists in Bologna, Italy. Academic rediscovery of Kropotkin; Confirming his views; Relevance of Kropotkin's anarchism; More.
- Anarchy in Afghanistan. Khalilzad, Zalmay // Journal of International Affairs;Summer97, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p37
Analyzes the causes of persistent anarchy in Afghanistan. Assessment of the future prospects for stability in the country; Changes that affected traditional ethnic loyalties among the four main Afghan ethnic groups; Anarchy after the Soviet departure; Determinants of Afghan anarchy.
- Nine steps to destruction. Reese, Charley // Caribbean Business;9/23/1993, Vol. 21 Issue 38, p70
Opinion. Presents steps in the destruction of a democratic country such as the United States. Encouragement of indebtedness and monopolies; Abolition of private property; Introduction of a paper money system; Attack on all religions; Destruction of pride; Spread of dissension, confusion and...
- Backchat. Coward, M. // New Statesman & Society;11/8/91, Vol. 4 Issue 176, p47
Discusses the author's membership in the Anarcho-Stalinist League (ASL). Principles of the ASL; Stance on the Bolshevik coup; Current status; How to join.
- Running for the exits. Hammer, Joshua; Raghavan, Sudarsan // Newsweek;4/22/1996, Vol. 127 Issue 17, p48
Focuses on the anarchy that erupted in Monrovia, Liberia in April 1996. The looting and threatening of World Relief workers; Evacuation of foreigners by United States helicopters; The disturbing fact that many of the marauders were armed soldiers; Past United States efforts to right the lawless...
- The slippery slope to anarchy. Kreyche, Gerald F. // USA Today Magazine;Mar94, Vol. 122 Issue 2586, p98
Comments on the trend towards anarchism in American society. Public protests, demonstrations and civil disobedience in the 1960's; Diminishing respect for the law; Demonstrations as becoming more and more criminal; Individual vigilantism; Rampant crime as an indication that America is getting...
- Out of my way. English, Carey W. // U.S. News & World Report;3/31/97, Vol. 122 Issue 12, p47
Mentions that Albanians scrambled for boats in a bid to escape anarchy and violence set off by a rebel uprising which began in March 1997. Number of refugees that have crossed to Italy; What rebellion was sparked by.
- Anarchy (see also Chaos, Disorder). // Columbia Dictionary of Quotations from Shakespeare;1998, p16
The article presents two quotations related to the term "anarchy" taken from the plays "King Lear" and "Troilus and Cressida," both written by William Shakespeare.