Socialism in Birmingham and the Black Country 1850-1939 (Book Review)
- Dictatorship of the Bourgeoisie: Social Control in the Nineteenth Century. // Bulletin -- Society for the Study of Labour History;Autumn72, Issue 25, p116
Reviews the book "Dictatorship of the Bourgeoisie: Social Control in the Nineteenth Century Black Country,"by George J. Barnsby.
- SHORT NOTICES. Gurden, Helen; Martin, D.E.; Obelkevich, James; Whipp, Richard; Lane, Joan; Royle, Edward; Hurt, J.S.; Fisher, Chris; Spaven, Patrick; Peacock, A.J.; Hyman, Richard; Bush, Barbara; Field, John; Dintenfass, Michael; O'Connor, E.; Fyrth, Jim; Roberts, Neil; Magraw, Roger; Englander, David // Bulletin -- Society for the Study of Labour History;Spring83, Issue 46, p48
Reviews several books about British labor history. "A Georgian Parson and His Village: The Story of David Davies," by Pamela Horn; "Industrial England 1776-1851," by Dorothy Marshall; "Lord and Peasant in Nineteenth Century Britain," by Dennis R. Mills; "Social Conditions in the Black Country,...
- A History of Housing in Wolverhampton 1750 to 1975. D. E. // Bulletin -- Society for the Study of Labour History;Autumn76, Issue 33, p70
Reviews the book "A History of Housing in Wolverhampton 1750 to 1975," by George J. Barnsby.
- A History of Wolverhampton, Bilston and District Trades Union Council 1865-1990. Stevens, Richard // Labour History Review (Maney Publishing);Spring95, Vol. 60 Issue 1, p86
Reviews the book "A History of Wolverhampton, Bilston and District Trades Union Council 1865-1990," by George J. Barnsby.
- Short Notices Hey, David; Philips, David; Gurden, Helen; Howells, Kim; Englander, David; Batstone, Eric; Moore, Roy; Duff, Peter // Bulletin -- Society for the Study of Labour History;Autumn78, Issue 37, p105
Reviews several books on labor history. "Policy and Projects: The Development of a Consumer Society in Early Modern England," by Joan Thirsk; "The Working Class Movement in the Black Country 1750 to 1867," by George J. Barnsby; "Cottage Life in a Hertfordshire Village: How the Agricultural...
- Casting off socialism. // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;7/11/94, Vol. 21 Issue 30, p20
Cites comments made by conservative American columnist Paul Craig Roberts regarding Latin American countries that are rejecting socialist political policies. Observations about Mexico, Chile and Argentina.
- Executive Summary. // Venezuela Business Forecast Report;2007 4th Quarter, p5
The article focuses on the vision of President Hugo ChÃ¡vez concerning the 21st Century socialism in Venezuela.
- Obstacles in the pursuit of happiness. Latsis, Otto // CATO Journal;Fall91, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p259
Discusses the obstacles in the pursuit of happiness under the socialist order of the Soviet Union. Age-old tradition of Russian thought; Background of the socialist order; Essential features of socialism; Growth of the human personality as the important goal and distinctive feature of socialism.
- China's future: Market socialism or market taoism? Dorn, James A. // CATO Journal;Spring/Summer98, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p131
Focuses on market socialism in China. What markets are based on; Reason China's state-owned enterprises and banks do not need partial reform; Criticism of China's currency markets; Benefits which can be derived from socialism; Information on `market taoism' and China's civil society.