Barefoot in the Creek : A Group Settlement Childhood in Margaret River
- You'll Find It in the 970s (Mostly). // Horn Book Magazine;Mar/Apr2011, Vol. 87 Issue 2, p19
A bibliography is presented of books that were mentioned in the essay "The Facts of the Matter: Children's Nonfiction, from Then to Now," which appears in this issue of the journal, including "11 Planets: A New View of the Solar System," by David Aguilar, "Gay America: Struggle for Equality," by...
- Children Are Children Are Children (Book Review). Campbell, Barbara C.; Gerhardt, Lillian N. // School Library Journal;Sep78, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p127
Reviews the book 'Children Are Children Are Children: an Activity Approach to Exploring Brazil, France, Iran, Japan, Nigeria and the U.S.S.R.' by Ann Cole and others.
- New Fall Series Roundup. // Booklist;10/1/2011, Vol. 108 Issue 3, p79
The article presents a list of nonfiction books for young people which were published as part of a series, including "From Chalkboards to Computers: How Schools Have Changed" by Jennifer Boothroyd, "The Cavern of Clues" by David Glover, and "Extreme Environments: Living on the Edge" by Amy...
- Series Roundup - New Spring Titles. // Booklist;4/1/2009, Vol. 105 Issue 15, p66
The article lists recommended books which are part of children's nonfiction series including "Spider-tizers and Other Creepy Treats" by Meish Goldish, "How to Survive a Flood" by Matt Doeden, and "Stop, Drop, and Flop in the Slop: A Short Vowel Sounds Book With Consonant Blends" by Brian P....
- Children's Books for Fall. // Publishers Weekly;7/15/2013, Vol. 260 Issue 28, p27
A bibliography is presented of children's literature and illustrated children's books scheduled for publication in the fall of 2013
- Nonfiction Gets Noticed. Manning, Maryann // Teaching Pre K-8;Apr2003, Vol. 33 Issue 7, p73
Suggests ways to encourage children to read non-fiction titles. Sources; Challenge faced by teachers concerning the issue; Suggestions to extend one's knowledge about a particular topic.
- MICROBIOLOGY FOR CHILDREN: WHAT ARE THEY LEARNING? Emmert, Elizabeth // BioScience;Oct2008, Vol. 58 Issue 9, p890
The article lists books about microbiology for children including "Cells," by Darlene R. Stille and Carol Ryback, "Germ Stories," by Arthur Kornberg, and "Microquests: Mighty Animal Cells, Powerful Plant Cells, Daring Cell Defenders, Amazing DNA, and Ultra-Organized Cell Systems," by Rebecca L....
- A SENSE OF THE BEAUTIFUL: LIFE CYCLES AND INSECTS. Van Belle, Leah // BioScience;Oct2008, Vol. 58 Issue 9, p892
The article lists books about life cycles and insects including "Bugs Up Close," by Diane Swanson, "Face to Face with Caterpillars," by Darlyne A. Murawski, and "The Insect World Series," by Sandra Markle.
- Top 10 Biographies for Youth. Cooper, Ilene // Booklist;6/1/2010, Vol. 106 Issue 19/20, p98
The article lists the best biographies for youth reviewed in the year prior to June 2010, including "Anne Frank: Her Life in Words & Pictures" by Menno Metselaar and Ruud van der Rol, "Black Jack: The Ballad of Jack Johnson" by Charles R. Smith Jr., illustrated by Shane W. Evans, and "The...