Jack Tar vs. John Bull . The Role of New York's Seamen in Precipitating the Revolution
- Dirty tricks in history. Hagerman, Edward // Books in Canada;Apr76, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p30
Reviews the book 'On Active Service in War and Peace: Politics and Ideology in the American Historical Profession,' by Jesse Lemisch.
- WAYWARD SAILOR (Book). Gold, Sarah F.; Chenoweth, Emily; Zaleski, Jeff // Publishers Weekly;4/7/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 14, p57
Reviews the non-fiction book 'Wayward Sailor: In Search of the Real Tristan Jones,' by Anthony Dalton.
- SAILORS TO THE END (Book). Zaleski, Jeff; Gold, Sarah F.; Rotella, Mark; Andriani, Lynn // Publishers Weekly;4/29/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 17, p50
Reviews the book 'Sailors to the End: The Deadly Fire on the U.S.S. Forrestal and the Heroes Who Fought It,' by Gregory A. Freeman.
- The Sailor's Handbook (Book). Morner, Claudia // School Library Journal;Sep83, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p145
Reviews the book 'The Sailor's Handbook,' edited by Halsey C. Herreshoff.
- Under Sail (Book). Kenny, John // Library Journal;4/1/1982, Vol. 107 Issue 7, p742
Reviews the book 'Under Sail: Equipment For the Serious Sailor,' edited by Tony Meisel and illustrated by Peter Milne.
- The Sailor's Handbook (Book). Schwartz, Jay // Library Journal;5/15/1983, Vol. 108 Issue 10, p1013
Reviews the book 'The Sailor's Handbook.'
- Household goods limits reduced for families bound for Japan. // All Hands;May95, Issue 937, p3
Reports that the limit for sailors' household goods (HHG) shipment has been reduced to 75 percent of the normal weight allowance for personnel being assigned to naval units in mainland Japan. Reason for the reduction of HHG.
- Sailors who care do their fair share. Feeback, Seaman Rhonda // All Hands;Dec95, Issue 944, p30
Reports that on `National Day of Caring' Sailors from Construction Battalion Unit (CBU) 420 constructed a home for the Humanity-Jacksonville, Florida (Fla.) (HabiJax). Comments from Chief Builder David Wall and HabiJax Volunteer Coordinator Andrea Robinson.
- Blood for the revolution. Kilichenkov, Alexei // Russian Life;Oct96, Vol. 39 Issue 10, p8
Traces evolution of Russian sailors. Development of schools of revolution of sailor P. Dybenko; Killing of officers by sailors; Outcome of the killings to sailors and officers relationships; Closure of the newspaper Birzheviye Vedomosti; Execution for treason of the Baltic Fleet ship...