Heroic Defeats : The Politics of Job Loss
- Labor-Management Relations. Howell, Chris // Industrial & Labor Relations Review;Oct98, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p137
'Heroic Defeats: The Politics of Job Loss,' by Miriam A. Golden, is an important book, both for what it tells us about strikes and for what it tells us about the strengths and limitations of the methodological approach within political science known as 'rational choice.' Golden seeks to explain...
- AUTOMATION AND UNEMLOYMENT. PAPERS PRESENTED AT AN ANZAAS SYMPOSIUM (BOOK REVIEW). Kasiro, Elizabeth // Australian Journal of Management (University of New South Wales);Oct80, Vol. 5 Issue 1/2, p151
Reviews the book 'Automation and Unemployment.'
- The German Unemployed (Book Review). Feldman, Gerald D. // American Historical Review;Apr88, Vol. 93 Issue 2, p445
Reviews the book 'The German Unemployed: Experiences and Consequences of Mass Unemployment From the Weimar Republic to the Third Reich,' edited by Richard J. Evans and Dick Geary.
- Unemployment Insurance Schemes. Papier, William // Industrial & Labor Relations Review;Jul56, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p669
This article reviews the book "Unemployment Insurance Schemes."
- The Prison of Unemployment (Book Review). Lewin, David // Monthly Labor Review;Feb73, Vol. 96 Issue 2, p71
Reviews the book 'The Prison of Unemployment: Manpower Programs for Offenders,' by Robert Taggart III.
- Labor Markets and Unemployment (Book Review). Warren Jr., Ronald S. // Monthly Labor Review;Feb75, Vol. 98 Issue 2, p91
Reviews the book 'Labor Markets & Unemployment,' by Edward D. Kalachek.
- Youth Unemployment (Book Review). Seninger, Stephen F. // Industrial & Labor Relations Review;Oct80, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p145
The article reviews the book "Youth Unemployment," by Mark Casson.
- Unemployment, Choice and Inequality. Hartog, J. // Journal of Economics;1987, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p99
Reviews the book "Unemployment, Choice and Inequality," by M. Sattinger.
- In Aid of the Unemployed. Perlman, Richard // Journal of Human Resources;Fall66, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p114
Reviews the book "In Aid of the Unemployed," edited by Joseph M. Becker.