Labour History and the Labour Movement in Britain
- Labour History and the Labour Movement in Britain (Book Review). Boyer, George K. // ILR Review;Oct2000, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p189
The book 'Labour History and the Labour Movement in Britain,' by Sidney Pollard, is a collection of fifteen previously published essays by the late Sidney Pollard, one of the leading economic historians of the postwar era. Pollard's work spanned much more than labor history, but he made several...
- Labour History and the Labour Movement in Britain/Thomas Burt, Miners' MP, 1837--1922 (Book Review. Weiler, Peter // Victorian Studies;Summer2001, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p625
Reviews two books. 'Labour History and the Labour Movement in Britain,' by Sidney Pollard; 'Thomas Burt, Miners' MP, 1837-1922: The Great Conciliator,' by Lowell J. Satre.
- Further Reading/Internet Resources. // Algeria;2008, p76
A list of books and Internet resources that explore Algeria is presented.
- Some Notable New Books, 1998. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2000, p182
No abstract available.
- Best-Selling Books, 1998. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2000, p183
No abstract available.
- Book reviews. Fenner, Michael // African Affairs;Jul94, Vol. 93 Issue 372, p461
Reviews the book `The Southern African Environment: Profiles of the SADC Countries,' by Sam Moyo, Phil O'Keefe and Michael Sill.
- Report resources. // American Rehabilitation;Summer90, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p30
Lists of several manuals and other publications on how to develop and evaluate a corporate disability management program and for people interested in pursuing a variety of health careers. `Strategies for Maintaining a Support Group,' by Pearl R. Paulson; `The Disability Management Sourcebook,'...
- Briefly noted. // Architectural Record;Aug1992, Vol. 180 Issue 8, p54
Reviews briefly several new architectural publications including: `The Accessible Housing Design File,' by Ronald L. Mace; `The Americans with Disabilities Act Facilities Compliance Workbook,' by Evan Terry Associates; `A History of Housing in New York City,' by Richard Plunz.
- Book review. Payne, James E. // Business Economics;Jul90, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p68
Reviews the book `Political Economy and International Money: Selected Essays of John Williamson,' edited by Chris Milner.