Perioperative Medicine: Managing for Outcome
- Perioperative Medicine: Managing for Outcome. SHEARER, W. // Anaesthesia & Intensive Care;Jul2009, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p679
The article reviews the book "Perioperative Medicine: Managing for Outcome," by M. F. Newman, L. A. Fleisher and M. P. Fink.
- CLASSIC PAPERS IN CRITICAL CARE. Levi, Marcel // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;4/8/2009, Vol. 301 Issue 14, p1487
The article reviews the book "Classic Papers in Critical Care," by Mitchell P. Fink, Michelle Hayes and Neil Soni.
- Miller's Anesthesia. Dauber, Martin H. // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;4/14/2010, Vol. 303 Issue 14, p1429
The article reviews the book "Miller's Anesthesia," 2 vols, 7th ed., edited by Ronald D. Miller, Lars I. Eriksson, Lee A. Fleisher, Jeanine P. Wiener-Kronish and William L. Young.
- Legally Speaking: Risks of surgery : Some are the nurse's. Kapsar, Patricia P.; Collins, Helen Lippman // RN;Nov89, Vol. 52 Issue 11, p71
Discusses several strategies that nurses can use to decrease risks in perioperative nursing. Advantage of establishing a rapport with a patient; Factors to consider during the operation; Importance of doing repeated counts of instruments used during the operation.
- Erosion of the OR nurse's role. Brennan, Bernadette // Australian Nursing Journal;Dec97/Jan98, Vol. 5 Issue 6, p26
Focuses on the campaign of the Australian Confederation of Operating Room Nurses (ACORN) and Australian Nursing Federation about the employment of non-nursing personnel in operating rooms. Concern that the employment of such personnel will jeopardize patient care standards; Belief that such...
- THE EVOLUTION OF THE PERIOPERATIVE NURSE. Berryman, Ros // Australian Nursing Journal;Dec97/Jan98, Vol. 5 Issue 6, p29
Deals with the work of perioperative nurses. Different types of perioperative nurses; Role of perioperative nurses; Problem of perioperative nursing in recruiting staff.
- PERIOPERATIVE NURSING IN THE THIRD MILLENNIUM. Hamlin, Lois // Australian Nursing Journal;Dec2000/Jan2001, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p33
Focuses on perioperative nursing in Australia. Limitations in the role of perioperative nurses; Supply and demand statistics on perioperative nurses in Australia; Surgical techniques which assist in meeting the demand for perioperative nurses; Skills and knowledge which perioperative nurses...
- Nursing as a first surgical assistant. Kai Wang // Kai Tiaki Nursing New Zealand;Jul2014, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p26
No abstract available.
- Oxford Handbook of Perioperative Practice. Mottram, Anne // Nursing Standard;2/3/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 22, p31
The article reviews the book "Oxford Handbook of Perioperative Practice," edited by Suzanne J. Hughes and Andy Mardell.