Promoting Health for Working Women
- NUTRITION AND PHYSICAL ACTIVITY: HEALTH INFORMATION SOURCES IN EU MEMBER STATES, AND ACTIVITIES IN THE COMMISSION, WHO, AND EUROPEAN NETWORKS. Driskell, Judy A. // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;3/25/2009, Vol. 301 Issue 12, p1291
The article reviews the book "Nutrition and Physical Activity: Health Information Sources in EU Member State, and Activities in the Commission, WHO, and European Networks," edited by Nicole Wolfman, Michael Rigby, Michael SjÃ¶strÃ¶m, Rosa Giuseppa Frazzica, and Wilhelm Kirch.
- Putting Our Heads Together: Academic and Feminist Approaches to Studying the Health of Women Workers. Messing, Karen // NWSA Journal;Autumn91, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p355
Focuses on the academic and feminist approaches to studying the health of women workers. Occupational health research for documentation and statistical description of workers' perceptions; Personalization of women's needs and behaviors.
- Lead induced increase of blood pressure in female lead workers. Nomiyama, K.; Nomiyama, H.; Liu, S.-J.; Tao, T.-X.; Nomiyama, T.; Omae, K. // Occupational & Environmental Medicine;Nov2002, Vol. 59 Issue 11, p734
Reports on the lead-induced increase of blood pressure in female lead workers. Relation between blood lead and blood pressure; Biological exposure indices in workers; Factors elevating blood pressures in female workers.
- Neck Pain Solutions for Women Office Workers. // IDEA Fitness Journal;Mar2010, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p15
The article discusses neck pain solutions for women office workers, which references a study published in the 2009 issue of the "Journal of Applied Physiology."
- Forecasts: Nonfiction. Stuttaford, Genevieve // Publishers Weekly;1/8/96, Vol. 243 Issue 2, p50
Reviews several nonfiction novels. Includes `Osler's Web: Inside the Labyrinth of the Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Epidemic,' by Hillary Johnson; `Phantom Illness: Shattering the Myth of Hypochondria,' by Carla Cantor with Brian A. Fallon; `The Ends of the Earth: A Journey at the Dawn of the 21st...
- UNTERSUCHUNGEN ZUR GESCHICHTE DER FRUHEN INDUSTRIALISIERUNG VORNEHMLICH IM WIRTSCHAFTSRAUM BERLIN/BRANDENBUG (Book Review). Tilly, Richard // Central European History (Brill Academic Publishers);Sep75, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p282
Reviews the book 'Untersuchungen Zur Geschichte Der Fruhen Industrialisierung Vornehmlich Im Wirtschaftsraum Berlin/Branderburg,' edited by Otto Busch.
- NON-FICTION. Burnham, Clint; Barclay, Pat; Helwig, Maggie; Jiroens, Karl // Books in Canada;Summer92, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p58
Reviews non-fiction books. 'How to Play: The Theatre of James Reaney,' by Gerald Parker; 'Memories of a Governor-General's Daughter,' by Joan Michener Rohr with Terrence Heath; 'Stone Voices: Wartime Writings of Japanese Canadian Issei,' edited by Keibo Oiwa; 'Nitassinan: The Innu Struggle to...
- Iron Age Pottery in Northern Mesopotamia, Northern Syria and South-Eastern Anatolia (Book). Lehmann, Gunnar // Bulletin of the American Schools of Oriental Research;Feb2002, Issue 325, p79
Reviews the book 'Iron Age Pottery in Northern Mesopotamia, Northern Syria and South-Eastern Anatolia: Papers Presented at the Meetings of the International 'Table Ronde' at Heidelberg (1995) and Nieborow (1997) and Other Contributions,' edited by Arnulf Hausleiter and Andrzej Reiche.
- Liberty and Justice for Some (Book). Park, J. Charles // Educational Leadership;Mar1983, Vol. 40 Issue 6, p73
Reviews the book 'Liberty and Justice for Some Defending a Free Society From the Radical Right's Holy War on Democracy,'