Promoting Health for Working Women
- NUTRITION AND PHYSICAL ACTIVITY: HEALTH INFORMATION SOURCES IN EU MEMBER STATES, AND ACTIVITIES IN THE COMMISSION, WHO, AND EUROPEAN NETWORKS. Driskell, Judy A. // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;3/25/2009, Vol. 301 Issue 12, p1291
The article reviews the book "Nutrition and Physical Activity: Health Information Sources in EU Member State, and Activities in the Commission, WHO, and European Networks," edited by Nicole Wolfman, Michael Rigby, Michael SjÃ¶strÃ¶m, Rosa Giuseppa Frazzica, and Wilhelm Kirch.
- Putting Our Heads Together: Academic and Feminist Approaches to Studying the Health of Women Workers. Messing, Karen // NWSA Journal;Autumn91, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p355
Focuses on the academic and feminist approaches to studying the health of women workers. Occupational health research for documentation and statistical description of workers' perceptions; Personalization of women's needs and behaviors.
- Lead induced increase of blood pressure in female lead workers. Nomiyama, K.; Nomiyama, H.; Liu, S.-J.; Tao, T.-X.; Nomiyama, T.; Omae, K. // Occupational & Environmental Medicine;Nov2002, Vol. 59 Issue 11, p734
Reports on the lead-induced increase of blood pressure in female lead workers. Relation between blood lead and blood pressure; Biological exposure indices in workers; Factors elevating blood pressures in female workers.
- Neck Pain Solutions for Women Office Workers. // IDEA Fitness Journal;Mar2010, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p15
The article discusses neck pain solutions for women office workers, which references a study published in the 2009 issue of the "Journal of Applied Physiology."
- The More Women Earn, the Less Healthy They Feel. FitzGerald, Meghan // Harvard Business Review Digital Articles;1/13/2016, p2
The article discusses a study which found that more educated and higher-earning professional women employees report more days of feeling unwell which could be attributed to lack of time to see a doctor and to participate in any physical exercise due to workload.
- Tips to Health & Wellness for Highly Committed Women. M. L. S. // Women in Higher Education (10608303);Feb2010, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p24
The article offers tips concerning the health and wellness of women that are highly committed to their jobs by executive director of University Health Services Sarah Van Orman at the University of Wisconsin in Madison. She relates the effects of work on health and the strategies for weight loss...
- beauty-office bests. // Cleo;Aug2003, Issue 370, p44
Covers information on beauty products geared for office workers. Advantage of the Dior Addict Ultra Gloss; Description of the Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick Compact; Details on Manicare French Pen.
- Usefulness of Elastic Stockings for Lower Limb Edema Improvement in Female Workers. Kashiwa, Tomoyuki; Akezaki, Yoshiteru; Nomura, Takuo; Taoka, Rikako; Kato, Masahiro; Nakamura, Hisako; Sato, Atushi // Rigakuryoho Kagaku;2010, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p443
[Purpose] In this study we investigated the effectiveness of elastic stockings for inhibiting lower limb edema in female workers. [Subjects] The subjects were 30 female workers (average age: 45.1 Â± 9.8 years) who mainly performed their work standing. [Method] The experiment consisted of 3...
- Osteoporosis in active working women. Hadžiomerović, Amra Mačak; Rama, Admir; Bojičić, Samir; Jaganjac, Amila; Katana, Bakir; Branković, Suada; Izetbegović, Arzemina // Journal of Health Sciences;2012, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p34
Introduction: Osteoporosis is a progressive metabolic bone disease characterized by reduction of mineral density of bone, which leads to reduction of bone firmness, increased fragility and increased risk of bone fractures. The aims of this study were to determine the age structure and average...