- The ins and outs of bad breath. Lamb, Lawrence E. // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;May93, Vol. 54 Issue 5, p46
Discusses the ins and outs of bad breath. Causes; Role of brushing; Tongue as probable source of bad breath; Cleaning the tongue; Lungs as a source of bad breath; Lung diseases; Digestive system; Mouthwash and breathmints; Prevention.
- Keep on brushing. Lee, Yun // Heart & Soul;Dec95/Jan96, Issue 12, p24
Focuses on dentist Paul A. Stephens' call for people to brush for at least three to four minutes.
- How's your smile? // Redbook;Jan91, Vol. 176 Issue 3, p67
Gives advice on how to freshen breath and teeth. Tips on how to keep lips smooth and luscious; Suggestions on how to add sparkle to your eyes.
- Plaque flak. // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Apr92, Vol. 53 Issue 4, p29
Reports on a study comparing mouth rinses made from herbal toothpastes and standars fluoride toothpastes. No brushing allowed; Both concoctions showed similar increases in plaque and gingivitis; Herbal toothpastes don't provide special benefits.
- What works on bad breath? Martin, C. // Redbook;Jan90, Vol. 174 Issue 3, p12
Presents information on halitosis. How it can be a sign of a serious illness; Plaque (prime culprit); Avoiding offending food and drink; Breath test; Quick refreshers; More.
- When you can't brush, chew. Gilbert, Susan // Redbook;Jun93, Vol. 181 Issue 2, p170
Informs that new studies show that chewing gum for 15 minutes after a meal or snack can actually prevent cavities. Even better than rinsing with water advises Stephen Moss, D.D.S., chairman of the department of pediatric dentistry at New York University College of Dentistry; How chewing gum...
- Pocket-sized protection. Lee, Yun; Higbee, Beth // Prevention;Nov95, Vol. 47 Issue 11, p44
Reports on two new products for cleaning the teeth and keeping the breath fresh available in the United States as of November 1995.
- Publication of Surgeon General's Report on Oral Health. // MMWR: Morbidity & Mortality Weekly Report;6/30/2000, Vol. 49 Issue 25, p572
Focuses on the report `Oral Health in America: A Report of the Surgeon General,' published by the `Surgeon General' journal on May 25, 2000. Information provided by the report.
- Mouth maintenance. Lukas, Paul // New York;10/14/96, Vol. 29 Issue 40, p86
Dicusses items for freshening one's mouth. ToothTowels, by sb products inc.; Toothbrush Spray II, by Levenson Brokerage; Sanitung Tongue Cleanser; Details of each; Prices and contact information.