- Grades 5 & up: Nonfiction. Heath, Marilyn // School Library Journal;Jan98, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p118
Reviews the book `American Women Fiction Writers 1900-1960. Vol. 2,' edited by Harold Bloom.
- Guest Column: Sontag Laughs. Nunez, Sigrid // Salmagundi;Fall2006, Issue 152, p11
The author pays tribute to American essayist and short-story author Susan Sontag who died in December 2004. She describes her acquaintance with Sontag during the time when she was recuperating from a radical mastectomy. She comments on Sontag's style in writing especially in the book of essays...
- Reader, reader. Elmhirst, Sophie // New Statesman;8/13/2012, Vol. 141 Issue 5118, p47
The article presents a profile of author Marilynne Robinson. Robinson says that she is uncomfortable with declarative statements. The 24 year gap between the publishing of her first novel "Housekeeping" and second novel "Gilead" is considered. Robinson says that solitude is a privilege, but that...
- BAR CHAT WITH ANN WOOD. Mailer, John Buffalo // Provincetown Arts;2006/2007, Vol. 21, p117
The article presents an interview with writer Ann Wood. When asked about writing literature based on personal experiences, Wood mentions the difficulty women writers face when considering the impact of their work on family and friends. She also comments on writing about women in different levels...
- WOMAN'S PLACE? THE LANDSCAPES OF JEWETT, CHOPIN, CATHER, HURSTON, WELTY, CH�VEZ, YAMASHITA, SILKO. Lee, A. Robert // Costerus (New Series);2009, Vol. 178, p197
The article examines varied backdrops, in the world of fiction writing for female authors. It examines the works of various female writers against their respective locales like Sarah Orne Jewett's coastal Maine, Kate Chopin's turn of the century Creole Louisiana and Leslie Marmon Silko's Native...
- Grooves in the Record: An Interview with Crystal Wilkinson. Brewer, Ashley; Corriher, Donna; Edgerton, Jesse; Furgiuele, Hannah; Hogue, Coty; Jones, Rebecca; Pappas, Blaze Edward; Perry, Shannon; Beaver, Patricia D. // Appalachian Journal;Fall2011/Winter2012, Vol. 39 Issue 1/2, p108
An interview is presented with the Appalachian African American writer Crystal E. Wilkinson, discussing her life, career, and heritage. A brief overview of her career as a writer is first given. Questions discussed then include her being raised by her grandparents, her views regarding the...
- Adult books: Nonfiction. Hooper, Brad // Booklist;04/15/98, Vol. 94 Issue 16, p1412
Reviews the books, `American Women Fiction Writers,' `Stephen King' and `Women Memoirists,' edited by Harold Bloom.
- American Women Fiction Writers/Asian American Women Writers/Caribbean Women Writers. Wyatt, Neal; Hoffert, Barbara // Library Journal;9/1/1997, Vol. 122 Issue 14, p172
Reviews three books about women fiction writers. `American Women Fiction Writers,' edited by Harold Bloom; `Asian American Women Writers,' edited by Harold Bloom; `Caribbean Women Writers,' edited by Harold Bloom.
- Contemporary American Women Fiction Writers/Contemporary American Women Poets (Book). // Booklist;4/1/2003, Vol. 99 Issue 15, p1419
Reviews two books on poetry. 'Contemporary American Women Fiction Writers: An A-to-Z Guide,' edited by Laurie Champlon and Rhonda Austin; 'Contemporary American Women Poets: An A-to-Z Guide,' edited by Catherine Cucinella.