Encyclopedia of Stem Cell Research
- Encyclopedia of Stem Cell Research. Mushiewicz, Marion S. // Reference & User Services Quarterly;Summer2009, Vol. 48 Issue 4, p407
The article reviews the book "Encyclopedia of Stem Cell Research," edited by Clive N. Svendsen and Allison D. Ebert.
- Encyclopedia of Stem Cell Research. Cameron, Hazel // Library Journal;12/1/2008, Vol. 133 Issue 20, p157
The article reviews the book "Encyclopedia of Stem Cell Research," two volumes, edited by Clive N. Svendsen and Allison D. Ebert.
- Encyclopedia of Stem Cell Research. Cannon, Nancy // Booklist;12/1/2008, Vol. 105 Issue 7, p75
Reviews the book "Encyclopedia of Stem Cell Research" by Clive N. Svendsen
- Preserving her legacy: Shana Melius. Barker, Cyril Josh // New York Amsterdam News;4/7/2011, Vol. 102 Issue 14, p5
The article reports on the initiative of entertainer Shana Melius to commit in educating the Black community on the benefits of adult stem cells in New York City.
- Stem Cell Center Brings Incubator Hopes for UCI. Reed, Vita // Orange County Business Journal;5/24/2010, Vol. 33 Issue 21, p1
The article reports on the significance of the new stem cell center of the University of California in Irvine. It states that the 100,000-square-foot center worth 80 million U.S. dollars could be the source of licensed technology, companies, and treatments of spinal cord injuries, Alzheimer's...
- SAGE Knows Social Science. Roncevic, Mirela // Library Journal;11/1/2008, Vol. 133 Issue 18, p102
An interview with Rolf Janke, vice president and publisher of SAGE Reference, is presented. When asked what qualities SAGE possesses today that it didn't years ago, he replies that its a much more global company with an aggressive digital-content strategy. Janke comments on SAGE's acquisition of...
- A Case of Collaboration: Faculty Experiences within a Multidisciplinary, Multimedia, Multi-campus Learning Community in an Urban Community College District. Moore, Maria A.; Bruckner, Ian M. // MountainRise;2010, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p1
This case study examines the experience of community college faculty participating within a specific learning community of students, teachers, and broadcasters charged with the responsibility to create common coursework and a town hall meeting on the issue of stem cell research. Videotaped data...
- Forecasts: Nonfiction. Stuttaford, Genevieve // Publishers Weekly;1/8/96, Vol. 243 Issue 2, p50
Reviews several nonfiction novels. Includes `Osler's Web: Inside the Labyrinth of the Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Epidemic,' by Hillary Johnson; `Phantom Illness: Shattering the Myth of Hypochondria,' by Carla Cantor with Brian A. Fallon; `The Ends of the Earth: A Journey at the Dawn of the 21st...
- Nutrition and Metabolism in the Surgical Patient, Second Edition. // Nutrition in Clinical Care;Mar/Apr2000, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p112
The use of hawthorn in the treatment of cardiac symptoms is well established in Europe. However, only a handful of randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind studies have been carried out, as is the case with many herbal products. Nevertheless, as interest in both the preventive and...