Putting faces to global pandemics
- CME Posttest. // Contemporary Pediatrics;Feb2008 Supplement, Vol. 25, p11
A quiz about influenza is presented.
- Scots near to flu epidemic. // Pulse;11/17/2003, Vol. 63 Issue 46, p1
Reports that flu rates in Scotland are nearing epidemic levels.
- Taking a Shot Against the Flu. Wickelgren, Ingrid // Current Health 2;Nov2004, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p25
Focuses on the treatments recommended by doctors for influenza.
- Flu's Clues. // Current Health 2;Dec2008, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p4
The article discusses a study conducted by scientist Joshua Zimmerberg and colleagues to know why the prime time for influenza is during the winter months.
- Influenza. // Weekly Epidemiological Record;12/24/99-12/31/99, Vol. 74 Issue 51/52, p446
Reports global developments on influenza as of December 1999. Increase association between influenza and acute respiratory infection in Belgium; Higher number of influenza activity in Germany; Outbreaks of the disease in Great Britain.
- Influenza. // Weekly Epidemiological Record;12/14/2001, Vol. 76 Issue 50, p400
Presents news briefs pertaining to influenza as of December 2001. Detection of influenza A cases by rapid testing in Belgium; Rate of acute respiratory infections in Germany; Incidence of influenza-like illness in Italy.
- Influenza. // Weekly Epidemiological Record;3/7/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 10, p71
Reports on the incidence of influenza in different countries as of March 2003. Croatia; Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of China; Norwan.
- Beating the Flu. // Scholastic News -- Senior Edition;11/12/2004, Vol. 73 Issue 8, p3
Focuses on the ways to prevent influenza.
- Forget Stomach Flu. // Medical Update;2002, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p7
Describes the causes and symptoms of influenza.