Advising the 60+ Investor: Tax and Financial Planning Strategies
- THE BEST WAY TO SAVE FOR COLLEGE (Book Review). Bregman, William // CPA Journal;Sep2001, Vol. 71 Issue 9, p11
Reviews the book `The Best Way to Save For College: A Complete Guide to 529 Plans,' by Joseph F. Hurley.
- building a bridge to college financing. Herd, Kelly D. // Black Enterprise;Apr2004, Vol. 34 Issue 9, p90
Presents information on the 529 college savings plans in the U.S. Benefits offered by the savings plan; Background of the book "The Best Way to Save for College: A Complete Guide to 529 Plans," by Joseph F. Hurley; Tips on choosing a 529 college savings plan. INSET: 529 college savings plan...
- Current issues in economics and finance. // Economic Policy Review (19320426);Apr96, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p71
Presents books on economics and finance. Includes `The Electronic Purse,' by John Wenninger and David Laster; `The Impact of Interstate Banking and Branching Reform: Evidence from the States,' by Sarah McLaughlin; `Sovereign Credit Ratings,' by Richard Cantor and Frank Packer.
- Staff reports. // Economic Policy Review (19320426);Apr96, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p73
Presents literature on economics and finance. Includes `Central Bank Independence and Disinflationary Credibility: A Missing Link,' by Adam Posen; `The Costs and Benefits of Dual Trading,' by Hun Y. Park et al; `Using Option Prices to Estimate Realignment Probabilities in the European Monetary...
- It's my money. // Secretary;Nov/Dec93, Vol. 53 Issue 9, p31
Reviews several books on financial management. `Make Your Paycheck Last, Second Edition,' by Harold Moe; `Life After Debt: How to Repair Your Credit and Get Out of Debt Once and for All,' by Bob Hammond; `99 Great Answers to Everyone's Investment Questions,' by Linda Bryant, Diane Pearl and...
- JAL guide to the professional literature: Library finance. // Journal of Academic Librarianship;Nov91, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p331
Presents summaries of book reviews and annotations on library finance. Includes `Alternative Sources of Revenue in Academic Libraries,' by Mary Jo Lynch; `Getting a Grant in the 1990s,' by Robert Lefferts; `Library Development: A Future Imperative,' edited by Dwight F. Burlingame.
- The JAL guide to the professional literature: Library finance. // Journal of Academic Librarianship;May92, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p124
Reviews the books on library finance such as `Raising Money for Academic and Research Libraries: A How-to-Do-It Manual for Librarians,' edited by Barbara I. Dewey, and `Retrenchment in Canadian Academic Libraries,' by Ethel Auster.
- The JAL guide to the professional literature: Library finance. Coleman, David; Henty, Margaret // Journal of Academic Librarianship;Jan1993, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p394
Reviews the books on library finance such as `The Economics of Library and Information Services: An Anglo-German Perspective,' edited by Edward Dudley et al, `The Funding of Public and Academic Libraries: The Critical Issue for the `90s,' edited by Alphonse F. Trezza, and `Library Material Costs...
- Good read. Bautz, Mark // Money;Jan1994, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p18
Mentions two books which might help make 1994 more profitable and secure. `Free Lunch on Wall Street,' by Charles B. Carlson and `Crisis-Proof Your Career,' by Peller Marion.