Synergy: The Unique Relationship Between Nurses and Patients
- THE DYNAMIC NURSE-PATIENT RELATIONSHIP (Book Review). Noakes, Shirley R. // RN;Nov90, Vol. 53 Issue 11, p96
Reviews the book 'The Dynamic Nurse-Patient Relationship,' by Ida Jean Orlando.
- The Nurse-Patient Relationship in Psychiatric Nursing. Baker, A. A. // British Journal of Psychiatry;Jul70, Vol. 117 Issue 536, p111
The article reviews the book "The Nurse-Patient Relationship in Psychiatric Nursing," by Janet A. Simmons.
- Nurse and Patient. The Influence of Human Relationships. Baker, A. A. // British Journal of Psychiatry;Nov65, Vol. 111 Issue 480, p1124
The article reviews the book "Nurse and Patient: The Influence of Human Relationships," by Genevieve Burton.
- THERAPEUTIC INTERACTION IN NURSING SECOND EDITION. // Australian Nursing Journal;Jun2009, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p42
This article reviews the book "Therapeutic Interaction in Nursing" by Christine Williams.
- The nurse will see you now. Blecher, Michele Bitoun // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;04/05/97, Vol. 71 Issue 7, p96
Reports on the program launched by the Oxford Health Plans and Columbia Presbyterian Hospital in New York to let Oxford plan members select a nurse practitioner instead of a doctor as their primary care provider. Number of nurses that patients will choose from with an authority to diagnose,...
- Readers' forum. Tresniowski, Alex // Time;10/28/1996, Vol. 148 Issue 20, p18
Discusses the response of `Time' magazine readers to the question of whether technicians can take the place of nurses. A previous `Time' article by James Kunen which dealt with the trend towards replacing nurses with unlicensed patient-care technicians; The opinions of registered nurse Clare...
- Judge not. Chrisp, Delila R.; Ventura, Marissa J. // RN;Sep96, Vol. 59 Issue 9, p80
Relates an experience that revealed limited compassion of nurses in the workplace. Admission of a patient due to vehicular accident; Responses of nurses to the patient; Nurse hearing the patient's story in a hair salon.
- Welcome. Sylvester, Julie // Primary Health Care;Oct2012, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p3
The author highlights an article within the issue by Caroline Forrest in the issue which discusses that the ways in which nurses and patients interact can be used to improve and enhance communication with patients.
- The human touch. Farrell, Carole // Cancer Nursing Practice;Jul2015, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p5
The author discusses the importance of having an appointment letter or communication skills on nurses to improve the quality of care of patients.