- Revision Total Knee Arthroplasty. Clark, Charles R. // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;Nov2005, Vol. 87-A Issue 11, p2600
Reviews the book "Revision Total Knee Arthroplasty," edited by James V. Bono and Richard D. Scott.
- Knee Arthroplasty (Book). Engh, Gerard A. // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;Feb2003, Vol. 85-A Issue 2, p397
Reviews the book 'Knee Arthroplasty,' edited by Thomas P. Sculco and Ermanno A. Martucci.
- Controversies in Total Knee Replacement (Book). Maffulli, N. // Journal of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh;Aug2001, Vol. 46 Issue 4, p2
Reviews the book 'Controversies in Total Knee Replacement,' edited by R.S. Laskin.
- Mobile-bearing and fixed-bearing knee replacements differ from natural knee in patellar tracking. Beadling, Lee; Press, Robert // Orthopaedics Today Europe;Jul/Aug2010, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p12
The article focuses on a British cadaveric study which identified kinematic differences in patellar tracking between the natural knee and a fixed-bearing or mobile-bearing total knee replacement (TKR).
- Waiting Times for Knee-Replacement Surgery in the United States and Ontario. Coyte, Peter C.; Wright, James G.; Hawker, Gillian A.; Bombardier, Claire; Dittus, Robert S.; Paul, John E.; Freund, Deborah A.; Ho, Elsa // New England Journal of Medicine;10/20/94, Vol. 331 Issue 16, p1068
Background: Canada, which has universal single-payer health insurance, is often criticized for waiting times for surgery that are longer than those in the United States. We compared waiting times for orthopedic consultations and knee-replacement surgery and patients' acceptance of them in the...
- PERSPECTIVE. Howell, Stephen M. // Orthopedics Today;Feb2011, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p22
The author comments on Doctor Keith Berend's presentation on compartmentalist approach to knee arthroplasty, supporting his questions regarding the contraindications of obesity, concomitant patellofemoral wear and isolated lateral compartment wear.
- PERSPECTIVE. Fisher, David A. // Orthopedics Today;Feb2011, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p30
The author comments on the study on patient-reported outcomes of unicondylar and total knee arhtroplasty from a Norwegian national joint implant registry two years post surgery, noting that this is the first study showing that better scores were achieved in the unicondylar group.
- UNICONDYLAR KNEE ARTHROPLASTY: A CEMENTLESS PERSPECTIVE. Forsythe, Micheal E.; Englund, Roy E.; Leighton, Ross K. // Canadian Journal of Surgery;Dec2000, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p417
Compares the results of cementless unicondylar knee arthroplasty with a similarly reported study in Halifax, Nova Scotia. Patient characteristics; Comparison of knee scores of knees with more than 1 millimeter of radiolucency versus knee with no radiolucency; Radiolucency of cemented and...
- The effects of a pneumatic tourniquet on blood loss in total knee arthroplasty. Tetro, A. Mark; Rudan, John F. // Canadian Journal of Surgery;Feb2001, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p33
Reports the effects of pneumatic tourniquet on blood loss in total knee arthroplasty. Risks associated with the use of tourniquets; Measurements on blood loss and calculations; Recommendation to implant survival or benefits to cementing techniques.