Behavioral Interventions for Prevention and Control of Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- BEHAVIORAL INTERVENTIONS FOR PREVENTION AND CONTROL OF SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED DISEASES. Veenhuis, Philip E. // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;1/30/2008, Vol. 299 Issue 4, p460
This article reviews the book "Behavioral Interventions for Prevention and Control of Sexually Transmitted Diseases," edited by Sevgi O. Aral, John M. Douglas, and Judith A. Lipshutz.
- Play Safe (Book Review). Osborn, Anne // School Library Journal;Jan87, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p84
Reviews the book 'Play Safe: How to Avoid Getting Sexually Transmitted Diseases,' by Bea and Byron Mandel.
- Group counseling at STD clinics to promote use of condoms. Cohen, Deborah A.; MacKinnon, David P. // Public Health Reports;Nov/Dec92, Vol. 107 Issue 6, p727
Presents a study of an intervention developed to promote safer sex and condom use among patients seeking treatment for sexually transmitted disease (STD) at a public health STD clinic in Los Angeles, Calif. The study group was 551 persons who visited the clinic in 1988. Methods; Results;...
- Persons at high risk for recurrence of STDs. // American Family Physician;9/1/93, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p503
Discusses characteristics of persons at risk for recurrence of sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) as cited in a study by Richert and colleagues in the April 1993 issue of the `American Journal of Public Health'. Prevalence of infection in core groups containing large number of persons who...
- Ensuring consistency of care and improved quality of sexually transmitted infection service provision. // British Journal of Hospital Medicine (17508460);Feb2010, Vol. 71 Issue 2, p69
The article reports on the launch of the "Standards for the management of sexually transmitted infections (STI)" by the Medical Foundation for AIDS and Sexual Health and the British Association for Sexual Health and HIV (BASHH) to ensure the consistency of care and to improve the quality of...
- Approaches to control sexually transmitted diseases in Haiti, 1992-95. Behets, F.M.-T.; Genece, E.; Narcisse, M.; Liautaud, B.; Cohen, M.; Dallabetta, G.A. // Bulletin of the World Health Organization;1998, Vol. 76 Issue 2, p189
Describes procedures for controlling sexually transmitted diseases (STD) in Haiti, between 1992-95. Assessment of STD case management practices and constraints; Names of some sexually transmitted diseases; Details on the absence of STD programmes in Haiti.
- A peer educator STD prevention project for women students. Comstock, Karen Glover // Public Health Reports;Mar/Apr94, Vol. 109 Issue 2, p181
Summarizes a peer education project which would promote condom use in order to help prevent sexually transmitted disease (STD) infection among first-year women students in a campus community. The project would be organized and implemented by nursing students as part of their clinical training...
- Condoms and pillow talk. Schaaf, Rachelle Vander // Heart & Soul;Apr/May95, Issue 8, p18
Presents techniques for encouraging communication between partners to prevent sexually transmitted diseases (STDs). Discussion of safe sex; Mention of the dangers of STDs; Communication of fears for a compromise.
- Do you know your STD's? Washington, Harriet // Heart & Soul;Oct/Nov95, Issue 11, p69
Give information on symptoms of sexually transmitted diseases and treatments for them. Includes cervical cancer; Chlamydia; Genital herpes. INSETS: Preventing STD's, by H.W.;The culture factor, by H.W..