Pulmonary Disorders of the Elderly: Diagnosis, Prevention, and Treatment
- Pulmonary Disorders of the Elderly: Diagnosis, Prevention, and Treatment. Sorenson, Helen M. // Respiratory Care;Mar2008, Vol. 53 Issue 3, p379
The article reviews the book "Pulmonary Disorders of the Elderly: Diagnosis, Prevention and Treatment," edited by Thomas L. Petty and James S. Seebass.
- From Both Ends of the Stethoscope. Spence, William F. // Respiratory Care;Nov2009, Vol. 54 Issue 11, p1505
The article reviews the book "From Both Ends of the Stethoscope," by Thomas L. Petty.
- Giants Passed This Way. Giordano, Sam P. // AARC Times;Mar2010, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p20
The article presents obituaries for two notable respiratory therapists, John L. Shelton and Thomas L. Petty, the father of spirometry and oxygen therapy.
- Functional Psychiatric Disorders of the Elderly. Jones, Robert G. // Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine;Apr1995, Vol. 88 Issue 4, p212
The article reviews the book "Functional Psychiatric Disorders of the Elderly," by edited by Edmond Chiu and David Ames.
- Clinical Pathology in the Elderly (Book). // Annals of Internal Medicine;11/15/88, Vol. 109 Issue 10, p847
Reviews the book 'Clinical Pathology in the Elderly: A Textbook of Laboratory Interpretations,' by Hyman Rochman.
- BLOOD DISORDERS IN THE ELDERLY. Mehta, Paulette // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;11/12/2008, Vol. 300 Issue 18, p2184
The article reviews the book "Blood Disorders in the Elderly" edited by L. Balducci, W. Ershle and G. de Gaetano.
- Cataracts a Risk of Death in Women. // Review of Ophthalmology;May2002, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p9
Compares the risk of death between elderly men and women with cataracts in the London, England. Association of cataracts with death among diabetics; Correlation between nuclear cataract and increased mortality; Exposure of women to the risk of cataract.
- Abdominal aortic aneurysms: fresh insights from a novel animal model of the disease. Manning, Michael W; Cassis, Lisa A; Huang, Jing; Szilvassy, Stephen J; Daugherty, Alan // Vascular Medicine;2002, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p45
Abdominal aortic aneurysms (AAA) have a high prevalence in aged populations and are responsible for a large number of deaths. Despite the widespread nature of the disease, relatively little is known regarding mechanisms for formation and progression of aortic aneurysms. In part, this lack of...
- Few realize stroke is a leading killer. // Aging;1991, Issue 362, p46
Recommends several booklets on strokes written by the National Stroke Association and gives addresses for ordering them. `Stroke: Reducing Your Risk'; `The Road Ahead: A Stroke Recovery Guide'; `Home Exercises for Stroke Patients.'