Unnerving But Necessary
- AfterShock: This Book Belongs on Your Shelf. // Townsend Letter;May2007, Issue 286, p44
The article reviews the book "Aftershock: What to Do When the Doctor Gives Youâ€”or Someone You Loveâ€”a Devastating Diagnosis," by Jessie Gruman.
- AfterShock: What To Do When the Doctor Gives You--or Someone You Love--a Devastating Diagnosis. Eastwood, Elizabeth J. // Library Journal;10/15/2006, Vol. 131 Issue 17, p79
The article reviews the book "AfterShock: What To Do When The Doctor Gives You -- or Someone You Love -- a Devastating Diagnosis," by Jessie Gruman.
- Aftershock: What to Do When the Doctor Gives You--or Someone You Love--a Devastating Diagnosis. // Publishers Weekly;10/23/2006, Vol. 253 Issue 42, p41
The article reviews the book "Aftershock: What to Do When the Doctor Gives You--or Someone You Love--a Devastating Diagnosis," by Jessie Gruman.
- the best way to help when a friend gets sick. S. R. // Shape;May2007, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p140
The article offers top four suggestions by author Jessie Gruman for offering support to a sick friend. A good friend should contact a sick friend before the sick friend asks his/her friend for help. One should convince his/her friend that he would be well soon. One should take his/her sick...
- 'I HAVE SOME NEWS'. Shute, Nancy // U.S. News & World Report;2/26/2007, Vol. 142 Issue 7, p20
An interview with U.S. social psychologist Jessie Gruman is presented. Gruman wrote "Aftershock: What to Do When the Doctor Gives You or Someone you Love a Devastating Diagnosis." She was diagnosed with cancer three times in her life. Gruman says distracting oneself from an illness can help get...
- Living Between Illness and Health. Zablocki, Elaine // Townsend Letter;May2012, Issue 346, p18
The article reviews the essay "Lessons from the Year of Living Sick-ishly," by Jessie Gruman, which appeared in the Prepared Patient Forum (PPF), a blog hosted by the Center for the Advancement of Health (CFAH).
- Investing in Employee Health. Constable, Joseph F. // Academy of Management Executive (08963789);Nov1987, Vol. 1 Issue 4, p355
This article presents a review of the book "Investing in Employee Health," by Richard P. Sloan, Jessie C. Gruman and John A. Allegrante.
- Ounce of prevention can cut care costs. Wojcik, Koanne // Business Insurance;7/10/95, Vol. 29 Issue 28, p16
Reports on the Center for the Advancement of Health, Washington Executive Director Jessie C. Gruman's focus on factors causing illnesses. Focus of medicine on high technology; Mortality rate in Eastern Europe between 1989 and 1993; Comparison of life expectancy in Harlem, New York and Bangladesh.
- Physical Diagnosis (Book). Spaulding, W. B. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Apr69, Vol. 70 Issue 4, p874
Reviews the book 'Physical Diagnosis: A Physiologic Approach to the Clinical Examination,' 2nd edition, edited by Richard D, Judge and George D. Zuidema.