- The First Time Manager. Belker, Lorin B.; Topchik, Gary S. // First Time Manager - Business Book Summaries;2005, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p1
Being respected as a manager requires winning the support and commitment of direct reports without using positional powers. In The First Time Manager, Loren B. Belker and Gary S. Topchik describe how the best managers motivate their team members to willingly do what they are supposed to, as...
- Organizing for Political Victory (Book). Pettit, Lawrence K. // Journal of Political & Military Sociology;Spring83, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p148
Reviews the book "Organizing for Political Victory," by Loren B. Belker.
- The First-Time Manager (Book). // Management Today;Aug2003, p30
Reviews the book 'The First-Time Manager,' by Michael Morris
- Being in charge. // Accounting Today;12/19/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 22, p26
The article reviews two books including "The Leader's Tool Kit" and "The First-Time Manager."
- The First-Time Managerï¿½s Guide to Team Building. Topchik, Gary S. // First Time Manager's Guide to Team Building - Business Book Summ;5/2/2011, p1
In The First-Time Managerï¿½s Guide to Team Building, Gary S. Topchik explains how to achieve a powerful team that can focus successfully on the desired end results. Topchik dissects the meaning of team, outlines four different types of teams, and guides first-time managers through the...
- Temper expectations. // Communication Briefings;Jul2012, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p7
The article focuses on successfully delegating tasks to team members, adapted from the book "The First-time Manager," by Loren B. Belker.
- The Executive Dilemma (Book). // Public Personnel Management;Spring86, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p99
Reviews the book 'The Executive Dilemma: Handling People Problems at Work,' edited by Eliza Collins.
- The Executive Mind (Book). // Training & Development Journal;Jun84, Vol. 38 Issue 6, p77
Reviews the book 'The Executive Mind,' edited by Suresh Svivastva.
- THE EXECUTIVE MIND (Book Review). Tobin, James F. // Management Review;Apr84, Vol. 73 Issue 4, p63
Reviews the book 'The Executive Mind,' edited by Suresh Srivastva.