A NEW PARADIGM FOR THE SOCIOLOGY OF KNOWLEDGE: "THE SOCIAL CONSTRUCTION OF REALITY" AFTER 25 YEARS
- The Social Construction of Reality: A Treatise in the Sociology of Knowledge. Parton, Nigel // British Journal of Social Work;Jun2008, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p823
The article reviews the book "The Social Construction of Reality: A Treatise in the Sociology of Knowledge," by Peter L. Berger and Thomas Luckman.
- Essential Reading. Levy, Sandra M. // Anglican Theological Review;Winter2004, Vol. 86 Issue 1, p203
Reviews several books on philosophical anthropology and theology. "Phenomenology of Perception," by Maurice Merleau-Ponty; "The Social Construction of Reality," by Peter L. Berger and Thomas Luckmann; "Theology, Hermeneutics, and Imagination," by Garret Green; Others.
- Sociological THeory: Social Constructionism. Kretchmar, Jennifer // Sociological Theory: Social Constructionism -- Research Starter;2014, p1
The following article is a summary of the theoretical orientation known as social constructionism. According to social constructionists, knowledge is created through social interaction. In other words, there is no objective reality that exists independently of people, and truth can never be...
- Adventures of an Accidental Sociologist: How to Explain the World Without Becoming a Bore. // Publishers Weekly;4/18/2011, Vol. 258 Issue 16, p45
The article reviews the book "Adventures of an Accidental Sociologist: How to Explain the World Without Becoming a Bore," by Peter L. Berger.
- InstitucionalizaÃ§Ã£o do Conhecimento em Sustentabilidade Ambiental pelos Programas de PÃ³s-graduÃ§Ã£o Stricto Sensu em AdministraÃ§Ã£o. Machado Junior, Celso; de Souza, Maria Tereza Saraiva; dos Santos Parisotto, Iara Regina // RAC - Revista de AdministraÃ§Ã£o ContemporÃ¢nea;nov/dec2014, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p854
This study analyzed the process of institutionalization and legitimization of knowledge in research-oriented (stricto sensu) management programs in the field of environmental sustainability by proposing and applying a theoretical model based on Berger and Luckmann. Berger and Luckmann 's...
- THE HUMAN SHAPE OF WORK: STUDIES IN THE SOCIOLOGY OF OCCUPATIONS (Book). Orzack, Louis H. // Social Forces (University of North Carolina Press);Sep65, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p132
Reviews the book "The Human Shape of Work: Studies in the Sociology of Occupations," edited by Peter L. Berger.
- Redeeming Laughter: The Comic Dimension of the Human Experience. Kiskis, Michael J. // Studies in American Humor;1999, Vol. 3 Issue 6, p87
The article reviews the book "Redeeming Laughter: The Comic Dimension of the Human Experience," by Peter Berger.
- The Noise of Solemn Assemblies (Book). Winter, Gibson // Review of Religious Research;Spring62, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p179
Reviews the book "The Noise of Solemn Assemblies," by Peter Berger.
- A Far Glory: The Quest for Faith in an Age of Credulity (Book). Gill, Robin // Sociology of Religion;Spring94, Vol. 55 Issue 1, p98
Reviews the book "A Far Glory: The Quest for Faith in an Age of Credulity," by Peter L. Berger.