'When You Keep Your Clients Happy, You Keep Your Clients'
- Behind the Mask. Atkinson, William // Financial Planning;Oct2011, Vol. 41 Issue 10, p105
The article provides information on how financial advisors can identify, manage and protect themselves from problem clients. Characteristics of problem clients are given which include being overspend, being in conflict with partners and are abusive to others. Katherine Vessenes, planner from...
- Assembly-Line Approach. Atkinson, William // Financial Planning;Nov2012, Vol. 42 Issue 11, p85
The article discusses an assembly-line approach that financial advisors can follow for turning prospects to clients. Katherine Vessenes of Vestment Advisors says that in a manufacturing process, products are made the same way every time. She notes that more established planners follow a defined...
- Time of Opportunity. // Financial Planning;Feb2009, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p8
The article presents information on several sessions provided on practice management site AdvisorMax to help financial advisors acquire new clients. Bill Cates, creator of the Unlimited Referrals Marketing Systems, provides a coaching session to help financial advisors understand and communicate...
- Restoring Work-Life Balance. Parry, Travis G. // Journal of Financial Planning;Nov/Dec2009 Practice Management Sol, p13
The article presents the authors tips to restore the work-life balance upon the tightening economy affecting business industries in setting up priorities. It notes a study from the FPA and Katherine Vessenes that surveyed among financial advisers on what would they want to have if given a magic...
- The Complete Idiot's Guide to Success as a Personal Financial Planner. Bregman, William // CPA Journal;Sep2008, Vol. 78 Issue 9, p14
The article reviews the book "The Complete Idiot's Guide to Success as a Personal Financial Planner," by John P. Napolitano.
- Succession Planning Strategies for the Financial Planner (Book). Liptow, Jennifer // Financial Planning;Jan2004, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p32
Reviews the book "Succession Planning Strategies for the Financial Planners," by David K. Goad.
- Best practices. Leyes, Maggie // Advisor Today;May2005, Vol. 100 Issue 5, p74
Reviews the book "In Search of the Perfect Model: The Distinctive Business Strategies of Leading Financial Planners," by Mary Rowland.
- Financial Planners and Planning Organizations Directory, First Edition. // Marketing News;2/15/88, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p22
The article reviews the book "Financial Planners and Planning Organizations Directory," First Edition, edited by Steven Wasserman, Jacqueline Wasserman O'Brien and Judy Popp.
- New Faces. // Financial Planning;Apr2008, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p14
The article features three coaches of AdvisorMax.com. Dan Sullivan is the founder and president of The Strategic Coach, which has helped more than 10,000 entrepreneurs develop their businesses and expand their success. Marie Swift is the principal of Impact Communications, a marketing...