250 Biggest Mistakes 3rd Year Medical Students Make and How to Avoid Them
- THE MEDICAL SCHOOL INTERVIEW Winning Strategies from Admissions Faculty. // Kirkus Reviews;10/1/2013, Vol. 81 Issue 19, p338
The article reviews the book "The Medical School Interview: Winning Strategies From Admissions Faculty" by Samir P. Desai.
- COLD-WEATHER ITCH. Katta, Rajani // Glamour;Feb2003, Vol. 101 Issue 2, p76
Presents professor of dermatology at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, Texas, Rajani Katta's definition of cold-weather itch.
- What's Wrong with Hair Dye? Blomberg, Lindsey // E THIS WEEK;11/10/2013, p6
The article reveals that the number of people experiencing sudden serious allergic reactions to hair dye is increasing. According to Dr. Rajani Katta, professor of dermatology at Baylor College of Medicine, people can develop an allergy to a product at any point in time. The author notes that...
- Update in Medical Education. Bates, Carol K.; Chheda, Shobhina G.; Dunn, Kathel; Pinsky, Linda; Karani, Reena // JGIM: Journal of General Internal Medicine;May2010, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p465
The article reviews several articles including "Evaluation of a novel assessment form for observing medical residents: A randomized, controlled trial ," by Donato AA appeared in "Medical Education," 2008 issue, "Implementing feedback cards in core clerkships," by Kogan JR appeared in "Medical...
- Pay set back for clinical academic staff. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);10/26/1985, Vol. 291 Issue 6503, p1218
Investigates the pay awards for clinical academic staff in Great Britain. Meeting of the Clinical Academic Staff Salaries Committee; Addition of fundings to universities to pay for National Health Service doctors; Difficulties in recruitment of staffs; Urges to the Secretary od State on the...
- Little people of America. Ellis, Ian H. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);11/6/1982, Vol. 285 Issue 6351, p1337
Relates experience as clinical clerk at the medical genetics department of John Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore, Maryland. Encounter with families affected by neurofibromatosis, the Marfan syndrome and osteogenesis imperfecta; Experience with children with inborn errors; Comparison between...
- AUA Signs Affiliations with KEM, Apollo Hospitals. // India -- West;2/3/2012, Vol. 37 Issue 11, pB16
The article offers information on the affiliation agreements signed by the American University of Antigua (AUA) College of Medicine with King Edward Medical Hospital and Apollo Hospital, that allows AUA to offer elective clinical clerkships to its medical students.
- Evaluation of a National Curriculum Reform Effort for the Medicine Core Clerkship. Jablonover, Robert S.; Blackman, Dianne J.; Bass, Eric B.; Morrison, Gail; Goroll, Allan H. // JGIM: Journal of General Internal Medicine;Jul2000, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p484
BACKGROUND: In 1995, the Society of General Internal Medicine (SGIM) and the Clerkship Directors in internal Medicine (CDIM) developed and disseminated a new model curriculum for the medicine core clerkship that was designed to enhance learning of generalist competencies and increase interest in...
- Improving the National Board of Medical Examiners Internal Medicine Subject Exam for Use in Clerkship Evaluation. Elnicki, D. Michael; Lescisin, Dianne A.; Case, Susan // JGIM: Journal of General Internal Medicine;Jun2002, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p435
OBJECTIVE: To provide a consensus opinion on modifying the National Board of Medical Examiners (NBME) Medicine Subject Exam (Shelf) to: 1) reflect the internal medicine clerkship curriculum, developed by the Society of General Internal Medicine (SGIM) and the Clerkship Directors in Internal...