Challenges in Colorectal Cancer
- Drug Improves Survival of Colorectal Cancer Patients, Trial Results Show. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;1/28/2012, Vol. 21, p1
The article offers information on regorafenib, a drug which improved the survival of the colorectal cancer patients during an international phase III clinical trial. It mentions that the results were presented at the Gastrointestinal Cancers Symposium by Axel Grothey, an oncologist at the Mayo...
- ISS-SIC Donations. // World Journal of Surgery;Dec2008, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p2532
A list of donors to the Foundation for The World Journal of Surgery is presented including Herand Abcarian, Kay Marie Abdullah, and David B. Adams.
- Drug Improves Survival of Colorectal Cancer Patients, Trial Results Show. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;1/21/2012, Vol. 21, p1
The article focuses on an international phase III clinical trial which found that an investigational drug, regorafenib has slowed the progression of tumors and lengthened the lives of patients with metastatic colorectal cancer. The findings have been presented by the Oncologist Axel Grothey at...
- DIETARY DEFENSE. Mullich, Joe // Prevention;Apr89, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p12
This article reports on the significance of a high-fiber diet in the prevention of anal fissures. Eating high-fiber foods such as raw fruits, vegetables and whole-grain breads has been linked to a reduced risk of anal fissures by a new study from Denmark. People with chronic anal fissures tears...
- Colon Cancer. Dreiling, David A. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Oct1980, Vol. 74 Issue 4, p377
Reviews the book "Colon Cancer," edited by E. Grundmann, M. D.
- WHY DIE OF COLON CANCER? (Book Review). // Total Health;Mar/Apr2001, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p13
Reviews the book `Why Die of Colon Cancer?: A Layman's Guide to Preventing Colon Cancer,' by Francis G. Mackey.
- Understanding Colon Cancer (Book). Beatty, William // Booklist;6/1/2002, Vol. 98 Issue 19/20, p1659
Reviews the book 'Understanding Colon Cancer,' by Richard Adrouny.
- Optimizing Treatment Duration for Metastatic Colorectal Cancer. Canavan, Neil // MD Conference Express;Jul2009, p26
The article reports on the study that explores the use of three active chemotherapeutic drugs in all patients. The study, presented by Doctor of Medicine Axel Grothey of Mayo Clinic in Minnesota, found that three-agent combination, infusional fluorouracil, leucovorin, oxaliplatin, and irinotecan...
- And after that the dark. Cowan, Doris // Books in Canada;Jul76, Vol. 5 Issue 7, p18
Reviews the book 'Gerhard: A Love Story,' by Betty Kennedy.