- Identification of Enterobacteriaceae isolates with OXA-48 and coproduction of OXA-181 and NDM-1 in Norway. Samuelsen, Ørjan; Naseer, Umaer; Karah, Nabil; Lindemann, Paul Christoffer; Kanestrøm, Anita; Leegaard, Truls M.; Sundsfjord, Arnfinn // Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy (JAC);Jul2013, Vol. 68 Issue 7, p1682
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Identification of Enterobacteriaceae isolates with OXA-48 and coproduction of OXA-181 and NDM-1 in Norway" by Ã”rjan Samuelsen et al. in the March 5, 2013 issue.
- THE BACTERIOLOGY OF ENTEROBACTERIACEAE. Dreiling, David A. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Jan1968, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p89
Reviews the book "The Bacteriology of Enterobacteriaceae," by F. Kauffmann.
- enteric bacilli. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p778
A definition of the medical term "enteric bacilli," which refers to bacilli present in the intestinal tract, is presented.
- Kluyvera. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1272
A reference entry for "Kluyvera" which refers to a genus of bacteria in the family Enterobacteriaceae is presented.
- Erratum to: Prevalence and molecular epidemiology of acquired AmpC Î²-lactamases and carbapenemases in Enterobacteriaceae isolates from 35 hospitals in Spain. Miró, E.; Agüero, J.; Larrosa, M.; Fernández, A.; Conejo, M.; Bou, G.; González-López, J.; Lara, N.; Martínez-Martínez, L.; Oliver, A.; Aracil, B.; Oteo, J.; Pascual, A.; Rodríguez-Baño, J.; Zamorano, L.; Navarro, F. // European Journal of Clinical Microbiology & Infectious Diseases;Feb2013, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p261
A correction to the article "Prevalence and molecular epidemiology of acquired AmpC #x03B2;-lactamases and carbapenemases in Enterobacteriaceae isolates from 35 hospitals in Spain," that was published in the 2012 issue is presented.
- Synonymous substitution rates in enterobacteria. Eyre-Walker, Adam; Bulmer, Michael // Genetics;Aug95, Vol. 140 Issue 4, p1407
Discusses the substitution rates in enterobacteria. Implication of the decline in the substitution rate across expression levels on translational efficiency; Decrease in the mutation rate as explanation for the decline in the substitution rate; Effect of selection on the substitution rate.
- Decreasing antibiotic resistance of Enterobacteriaceae by introducing a new antibiotic combination therapy for neutropenic fever patients. Mebis, J; Goossens, H; Bruyneel, P; Sion, J P; Meeus, I; Van Droogenbroeck, J; Schroyens, W; Berneman, Z N // Leukemia (08876924);Oct98, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p1627
Prompt empiric antibiotic therapy is of critical importance for patients with neutropenic fever. However, a major concern with important clinical consequences is the emergence of bacterial resistance to antibiotics. After using ceftazidime with a glycopeptide as initial empiric therapy for...
- Erratum to: Photorhabdus luminescens subsp. kleinii subsp. nov. (Enterobacteriales: Enterobacteriaceae). An, Ruisheng; Grewal, Parwinder S. // Current Microbiology;Apr2011, Vol. 62 Issue 4, p1347
A correction to the article "Photorhabdus luminescens subsp. kleinii subsp. nov. (Enterobacteriales: Enterobacteriaceae)" that was published online in March 2, 2011 is presented.
- Colonisation of pig gallbladders with Salmonella species important to public health. Evangelopoulou, Grammato; Filioussis, Georgios; Kritas, Spyridon; Christodoulopoulos, Georgios; Triantafillou, Eleftherios A.; Burriel, Angeliki R. // Veterinary Record: Journal of the British Veterinary Association;2/14/2015, Vol. 176 Issue 7, preceding p174
An abstract of the article "Colonisation of pig gallbladders with Salmonella species important to public health," by E. A. Triantafillou and colleagues is presented.