Discover the West Central Adirondacks: A Guide to the West Canada & Moose River Backcountry
- Winter fun in the Empire State. // LocumLife;Dec2007, Vol. 3 Issue 6, p7
The article reviews the book "Snowshoe Routes: Adirondacks and Catskills," by Bill Ingersoll.
- Blazing a trail across Canada. Lanken, Dane // Canadian Geographic;Sep/Oct93, Vol. 113 Issue 5, p16
Features the creation of a Trans Canada rail. Proposal for a trans-Alberta footpath made to the Canada 125 Committee; Linkage of as many existing trails as possible; Contact information.
- The meter is running. Jacob, Katherine // Backpacker;Oct98, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p21
Reports on the efforts of the Canadians to complete the Trans Canada Trail by the year 2000. Amount raised since 1994; Length of the trail; Preexisting trail utilized.
- That's a long trail, eh? Thorson, Bruce // Bicycling;Oct98, Vol. 39 Issue 9, p28
Focuses on the Trans Canada Trail which will be opened in the year 2000. Organization who worked on the trail at the local level; Value of the trail; Features of the trail.
- Hiking the Canol Trail. Pynn, Larry // Canadian Geographic;Jul/Aug92, Vol. 112 Issue 4, p64
Tells of the author's thrilling adventure of traveling the 370-kilometer Canol Heritage Trail in Canada. Rafting on the Twitya River; Bushwacking through snow; The Mackenzie Mountains; Devil's Pass; The US military's $134 million project to secure oil supply to help defend Alaska against...
- `This is no picnic'. Howe, Steve // Backpacker;Aug96, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p64
Presents a chronicle of the author's backpacking adventure through Canada's Canol Trail. Encounters with wildlife; Difficulties in the trip; Highlights of the trip. INSETS: History's folly, hikers' gain, by S. Howe.;Expedition planner: The Canol Heritage trail, Canada..
- Get High, Stay High. // Backpacker;Jun2001, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p112
Describes hiking trails in Alaska and Canada.
- THE WORKS. // Backpacker;May2008, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p35
The article offers information on hiking Canada's Great Divide Trail.
- Take a trek. Johnson, Pam // Cottage Life West;Jul2014, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p20
The article recommended hiking destinations in Canada including the Nootka Trail, the Mamquam Lake Trail and the Boreal Trail.