CONTESTING INTERPRETATIONS OF THE UNION OF 1707: THE ABUSE AND USE OF GEORGE LOCKHART OF CARNWATH'S MEMOIRS
- Alba (Book). Ewan, Elizabeth // Scottish Historical Review;Oct2001, Vol. 80, 2 Issue 210, p263
Reviews the book 'Alba: Celtic Scotland in the Medieval Era,' edited by E.J. Cowan and R. Andrew McDonald.
- George Lockhart of Carnwath 1689-1727: A Study in Jacobitism (Book). Szechi, Daniel // Scottish Economic & Social History;2002, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p92
Reviews the book "George Lockhart of Carnwath 1689-1727: A study in Jacobitism," by Daniel Szechi.
- Scotland and Europe (Book). Britnell, R.H. // Scottish Economic & Social History;2001, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p163
Reviews the book 'Scotland and Europe: The Medieval Kingdom and its Contacts with Christendom, c. 1215-1545,' vol. 1, 'Religion, Culture and Commerce,' by David Ditchburn.
- The Oxford Companion to Scottish History (Book). Knox, W.W.J. // Scottish Historical Review;Oct2002, Vol. 81, 2 Issue 212, p251
Reviews the book 'The Oxford Companion to Scottish History,' edited by Michael Lynch.
- The Lordship of Galloway (Book). Fraser, James E. // Scottish Historical Review;Oct2002, Vol. 81, 2 Issue 212, p261
Reviews the book 'The Lordship of Galloway,' by Richard Oram.
- The Jacobean Union (Book). Levack, Brian P. // Scottish Historical Review;Oct2002, Vol. 81, 2 Issue 212, p272
Reviews the book 'The Jacobean Union: A Reconsideration of British Civil Policies Under the Early Stuarts,' by Andrew D. Nicholls.
- Visions of Scotland's Past (Book). Smout, T.C. // Scottish Historical Review;Oct2001, Vol. 80, 2 Issue 210, p295
Reviews the book 'Visions of Scotland's Past: Looking to the Future. Essays in Honour of John R. Hume,' by edited by Deborah C. Mays, Michael S. Moss and Miles K. Oglethorpe.
- Last of the Free (Book). Newby, Andrew G. // Scottish Historical Review;Apr2002, Vol. 81, 1 Issue 211, p152
Reviews the book 'Last of the Free: A Millennial History of the Highlands and Islands of Scotland,' by James Hunter.
- Medieval Scotland (Book). Duncan, A.A.M. // English Historical Review;Feb2002, Vol. 117 Issue 470, p153
Reviews the book 'Medieval Scotland,' by A.D.M. Barrell.