Healthy eating: lessons from history
- Nutrition Policy for Food-Rich Countries: A Strategic Analysis.(Book). Ringen, Knut // Journal of Public Health Policy;Spring1991, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p125
Reviews the book "Nutrition Policy for Food Rich Countries: A Strategic Analysis," by Nancy Milio.
- Healthy eating: lessons from history. McIntyre, Lynn // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal Supplement;5/22/2007, Vol. 176 Issue 11, p1615
The article reviews the book "Nutrition Policy in Canada 1870-1939," by Aleck Samuel Ostry.
- Food Security for Developing Countries (Book). Balaam, David N. // Studies in Comparative International Development;Summer84, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p83
Reviews the book 'Food Security for Developing Countries,' edited by Alberto Valdes.
- Food Subsidies in Developing Countries (Book). Smith, Stephen M. // Studies in Comparative International Development;Fall89, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p83
Reviews the book 'Food Subsidies in Developing Countries: Costs, Benefits and Policy Options,' edited by Per Pinstrup-Andersen.
- Nutrition Policy in Transition (Book Review). Hitchner, Roger // American Journal of Agricultural Economics;May82, Vol. 64 Issue 2, p405
Reviews the book `Nutrition Policy in Transition,' by Jurgen Schmandt.
- Coping with Hunger (Book Review). Scobie, Grant M. // American Journal of Agricultural Economics;Aug83, Vol. 65 Issue 3, p633
Reviews the book 'Coping With Hunger: Toward a System of Food Security and Price Stabilization,' by David Bigman.
- A new look at label language. Hayton, B. // Current Health 2;Feb1992, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p20
Discusses the Nutrition Labeling and Education Act of 1990, which orders the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to create new food-labeling rules. FDA Commissioner Dr. David Kessler; Strict definitions of such terms as `fresh' and `no-cholesterol'; Fat percentage claims; Precise nutrition...
- The Senate Agriculture Committee. MacLachlan, Suzanne; Mutch, David // Christian Science Monitor;6/15/95, Vol. 87 Issue 140, p2
Reports the approval by the Senate Agriculture Committee of a cut in funds for public nutrition programs.
- Foods in transit. Foulke, Judith E. // FDA Consumer;Mar1993, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p6
Discusses how a network of government agencies keeps an eye out to make sure that the food and water served on planes, trains, buses, and ships are safe to consume and what role the Food and Drug Administration plays in the process. What the interstate travel sanitation (ITS) specialists do;...