The Adult Hip. 2nd ed
- Risk Factors for Early Revision in Elderly TKA Patients. LEAHY, MAUREEN // AAOS Now;Mar2013, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p11
The article reports on a data presented at the 2012 annual meeting of the American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons showing that demand for total knee arthroplasty (TKA) is increasing with patients living longer and more active lives. However, elderly TKA patients with certain comorbidities...
- Hip Disorders in Childhood (Book). Dormans, John P. // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;Aug2004, Vol. 86-A Issue 8, p1854
Reviews the book "Hip Disorders in Childhood," edited by John V. Banta and David Scrutton.
- More than just a uniform: A resident's perspective on military service. Masin, Brendan D.; Stinner, Daniel J. // AAOS Now;Sep2010, Vol. 4 Issue 9, p39
The article presents the perspective from military resident concerning service, professionalism, and leadership. According to Doctor Aaron G. Rosenberg, many remain associated with the uniformed services by actively participating in organizations including the Society of Military Surgeons...
- Properly managing irradiated patients undergoing THA helps avoid complications. Rapp, Susan M. // Orthopedics Today;Jun2008, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p71
The article discusses research on the proper management of patients undergoing total hip arthroplasty (THA). It references a study by Aaron G. Rosenberg presented at the 24th annual Current Concepts in Joint Replacement Winter Meeting in Orlando, Florida in December 2007. He suggested that...
- Musculoskeletal images. Osteogenic sarcoma in the soft tissues of the hip. Pearce, Dawn H.; White, Lawrence M.; Wunder, Jay S. // Canadian Journal of Surgery;Feb2000, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p12
Discusses the case of a 70-year-old woman diagnosed with osteogenic sarcoma in the soft tissues of the hip. Symptoms presented; Physical and laboratory examination results; Differential diagnosis; Biopsy results.
- Osteoarthritis of the hip: an occupational disease in farmers. Croft, Peter; Coggon, David; Cruddas, Marie; Copper, Cyrus // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);5/16/92, Vol. 304 Issue 6837, p1269
Examines the prevalence of hip osteoarthritis on farmers in England. Symptoms and risk of the occupational disease; Measurement of the minimal hip joint space using radiography; Factors causing the occurrence of the disease.
- Abstracts of recent literature. Edelstein, Joan E.; Schein, Jerome D. // Journal of Rehabilitation Research & Development;Summer91, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p87
Presents an abstract of the article `Exercise and Gait Effects on In Vivo Hip Contact Pressures,' by D.E. Krebs, L. Elbaum et al published in the `Physical Therapy' periodical.
- Zometa and hip fractures. Elliott Elliott, William T. // Critical Care Alert;Nov2007 Pharmacology Watch, p2
The article associates a single 5 mg infusion of zoledronic acid within 90 days of a hip fracture with reduction in the risk of new fractures and improved survival.
- Right hip pain in a 20-year-old epee fencer. Petchprapa, Catherine; Bencardino, Jenny; Meislin, Robert // Skeletal Radiology;Mar2012, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p339
A quiz about a case report on a female patient with right hip pain is presented.