Over the Mountain and Home Again: Journeys of an Adirondack Naturalist
- Natural Fictions and Nonfictions. Camuto, Christopher // Audubon;Sep/Oct2001, Vol. 103 Issue 5, p102
Reviews the book `Kangaroo Dreaming: An Australian Wildlife Odyssey,' by Edward Kanze.
- Roving Naturalist (Book). Ewan, Joseph // American Scientist;Jan/Feb81, Vol. 69 Issue 1, p111
Reviews the non-fiction book 'Roving Naturalist: Travel Letters of Theodosius Dobzhansky,' edited by Bentley Glass.
- The Traveling Naturalists (Book). Patterson, Elizabeth C. // American Scientist;May/Jun87, Vol. 75 Issue 3, p326
Reviews the book 'The Traveling Naturalists,' by Clare Lloyd.
- READING ROOM. Graham Jr., Frank // Audubon;May88, Vol. 90 Issue 3, p18
Reviews the book 'A Naturalist in Alaska,' by Adolph Murie.
- American Realists and Naturalists (Book). Cape, Stephen H. // Library Journal;3/1/1983, Vol. 108 Issue 5, p488
Reviews the book 'American Realists and Naturalists,' edited by Donald Pizer and Earl N. Harbert.
- The Beagle Record (Book). Silberglied, Robert // Library Journal;4/15/1979, Vol. 104 Issue 8, p961
Reviews the book 'The Beagle Record: Selections From the Original Pictorial Records and Written Accounts of the Voyage of H.M.S. Beagle,' edited by Richard Darwin Keynes.
- A wilderness commonplace book. Drabelle, D. // Wilderness (07366477);Spring89, Vol. 52 Issue 184, pXI
Collection of wilderness quotes from diverse sources and times, including Thoreau, Whitman and others.
- Nature in early North America. // International Wildlife;May/Jun85, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p18
In 1720, Jesuit Pierre Francois Xavier de Charlevoix landed in New France, extending from the Gulf of St. Lawrence to the Great Lakes. Here he found an ancient wilderness teeming with lynx, beavers, bears, seals, birds and a rocky coastline. His journals, kept during 2-1/2 years of travel, are...
- Untitled. Sieveking, Paul // New Statesman & Society;8/6/93, Vol. 6 Issue 264, p47
Discusses back to nature movements in Germany. Members' imitation of the lifestyles of Indian tribes; Impetus to the movement; Number of Germans involved with the movement; Annual gathering at Hessen.