Perioperative Medicine: Just the Facts
- Legally Speaking: Risks of surgery : Some are the nurse's. Kapsar, Patricia P.; Collins, Helen Lippman // RN;Nov89, Vol. 52 Issue 11, p71
Discusses several strategies that nurses can use to decrease risks in perioperative nursing. Advantage of establishing a rapport with a patient; Factors to consider during the operation; Importance of doing repeated counts of instruments used during the operation.
- Erosion of the OR nurse's role. Brennan, Bernadette // Australian Nursing Journal;Dec97/Jan98, Vol. 5 Issue 6, p26
Focuses on the campaign of the Australian Confederation of Operating Room Nurses (ACORN) and Australian Nursing Federation about the employment of non-nursing personnel in operating rooms. Concern that the employment of such personnel will jeopardize patient care standards; Belief that such...
- THE EVOLUTION OF THE PERIOPERATIVE NURSE. Berryman, Ros // Australian Nursing Journal;Dec97/Jan98, Vol. 5 Issue 6, p29
Deals with the work of perioperative nurses. Different types of perioperative nurses; Role of perioperative nurses; Problem of perioperative nursing in recruiting staff.
- PERIOPERATIVE NURSING IN THE THIRD MILLENNIUM. Hamlin, Lois // Australian Nursing Journal;Dec2000/Jan2001, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p33
Focuses on perioperative nursing in Australia. Limitations in the role of perioperative nurses; Supply and demand statistics on perioperative nurses in Australia; Surgical techniques which assist in meeting the demand for perioperative nurses; Skills and knowledge which perioperative nurses...
- Nursing as a first surgical assistant. Kai Wang // Kai Tiaki Nursing New Zealand;Jul2014, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p26
No abstract available.
- Oxford Handbook of Perioperative Practice. Mottram, Anne // Nursing Standard;2/3/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 22, p31
The article reviews the book "Oxford Handbook of Perioperative Practice," edited by Suzanne J. Hughes and Andy Mardell.
- Perioperative Care Of the Child: A Nursing Manual. Killman, Debbie // Paediatric Nursing;May2010, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p12
The article reviews the book "Perioperative Care of the Child: A Nursing Manual," edited by Linda Shields.
- Advancing Perioperative Practice (Book). Gilmour, Diane // British Journal of Perioperative Nursing;Nov2004, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p480
Reviews the book "Advancing Perioperative Practice," by Mark Radford, Bernie County, and Melanie Oakley.
- Standards and Recommendations for Safe Perioperative Practice (Book). Booty, Fleur // British Journal of Perioperative Nursing;Nov2004, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p481
Reviews the book "Standards and Recommendations for Safe Perioperative Practice," by J. Beesley and S. Pirie.