The Rockefellers to the rescue
- Rockefeller Foundation Funding and Medical Education in Toronto. Boychuk, Terry // Social History of Medicine;Dec2007, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p637
The article reviews the book "Rockefeller Foundation Funding and Medical Education in Toronto, Montreal, and Halifax," by Marianne P. Fedunkiw.
- Reflections on "Region" in Recent Writings on the History of Health and Medicine in Canada. Dooley, Chris // Journal of Canadian Studies;Fall2007, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p166
Reviews four books. "Into the House of Old: A History of Residential Care in British Columbia," by Megan J. Davies; "Rockefeller Foundation Funding and Medical Education in Toronto, Montreal, and Halifax," by Marianne P. Fedunkiw; "Steps on the Road to Medicare: Why Saskatchewan Led the Way," by...
- Breakthrough Inventions Series: Inventing the Radio/Inventing the Electric Light/Inventing the Printing Pressâ€¦. Mills, Phil // Resource Links;Feb2008, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p15
The article reviews several books in the Breakthrough Inventions Series, including "Inventing the Radio," by Marianne Fedunkiw, "Inventing the Electric Light," by Lisa Mullins, and "Inventing the Computer," by Marsha Groves.
- GME considered for adjustments. // Ophthalmology Times;4/17/95, Vol. 20 Issue 16, p6
Informs that Congress is looking at the idea of changing federal funding of graduate medical education (GME) as a possible way of reducing Medicare spending and channeling more medical students into primary care. Options discusses at a meeting of the Ways and Means Committee; Health care reform.
- AAAM SCHOLARSHIPS. // Injury Prevention (1353-8047);Feb2006, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p5
The article reports that the Association for the Advancement of Automotive Medicine is offering international scholarships.
- Improvements needed in medical-education funding. G.A. // AHA News;06/17/96, Vol. 32 Issue 24, p3
Reports on improvements needed in Medicare's medical-education funding, cited by provider groups at a June 11, 1996 House Ways and Means health subcommittee hearing. Removing medical-education funds from Medicare's health-plan payments; Teaching hospitals' special needs; Proposals to create...
- Group proposes medical-education trust fund. // AHA News;3/3/97, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p5
Reports on the proposition of Pleasanton, the California-based Integrated Health Association, for a separate medical education trust fund from the funding of patient care.
- Mechanics of medical education funding still issue. Gatty, Bob // Urology Times;May97, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p2
Discusses the issue on mechanics of medical education of tomorrow's urologists. General medical education (GME) trust fund still the primary focus; Reactions concerning the trust fund; Proposal on health plan premium tax.
- Supreme Court to hear teaching hospital case. // AHA News;06/16/97, Vol. 33 Issue 23, p4
Reports on the US Supreme Court's hearing of the case between a Minnesota teaching hospital, St. Paul-Ramsey Medical Center and the Department of Health and Human Services over Medicare reimbursements for graduate medical education (GME) costs. Challenge to re-audit the 1984 GME costs as a base...