Consumerism in 20th Century Britain: The Search for a Historical Movement
- BRITISH CONSUMERISM EXAMINED. Wedd, George // Contemporary Review;Oct2004, Vol. 285 Issue 1665, p241
Reviews the book "Consumerism in Twentieth-Century Britain," by Matthew Hilton.
- Home sweet home. Howard, Anthony // History Today;Jan91, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p56
Reviews the book `The People's Peace: British History 1945-1989,' by Kenneth O. Morgan.
- A History of Modern Britain. E. B. // Contemporary Review;Winter2007, Vol. 289 Issue 1687, p541
The article reviews the book "A History of Modern Britain," by Andrew Marr.
- Fields of deception: Britain's bombing decoys of World War ll. Hillelson, David // Antiquity;Jun2001, Vol. 75 Issue 288, p453
Reviews the book `Fields of Deception: Britain's Bombing decoys of World War II,' by Colin Dobinson.
- Fantasy, the Bomb, and the Greening of Britain: Romantic Protest, 1945-1980. Mayer, Jill // Labour / Le Travail;Fall97, Vol. 40, p318
The article reviews the book "Fantasy, the Bomb, and the Greening of Britain: Romantic Protest, 1945-1980," by Meredith Veldman.
- Twentieth-Century Britain (Book). Benjafield, Gail // Library Journal;3/15/2003, Vol. 128 Issue 5, p78
Reviews the non-fiction book, 'Twentieth-Century Britain: An Encyclopedia,' edited by Fred M. Leventhal.
- Warfare State: Britain 1920-1970. Wilson, Dolly Smith // Journal of Political & Military Sociology;Summer2009, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p124
The article presents a review of the book "Warfare State: Britain 1920-1970," by David Edgerton.
- Striking for Socialism? Fisher, Nina // Labour History Review (Maney Publishing);Dec2004, Vol. 69 Issue 3, p389
Reviews the book "Glorious Summer, Class Struggle in Britain 1972," by Ralph Darlington and Dave Lyddon.
- Lingard's History of England. P. J. D. // America;2/13/1915, Vol. 12 Issue 18, p446
The article reviews the book "Lingard's History of England," Vol. XI, by Hilaire Belloc.