A mirror of the times
- One physician's exploration of the ethics in the practice of medicine. Klahr, Saulo // Kidney International;Aug2006, Vol. 70 Issue 4, p613
The article reviews the book "Beyond the Hippocratic Oath," by John B. Dossetor.
- Beyond the Hippocratic Oath:A Memoir on the Rise of Modern Medical Ethics. Hwang, Lucia // Registered Nurse: Journal of Patient Advocacy;Jul2007, Vol. 103 Issue 6, p18
The article reviews the book "Beyond the Hippocratic Oath: A Memoir on the Rise of Modern Medical Ethics," by John B. Dossetor.
- Beyond the Hippocratic oath. A memoir on the rise of modern medical ethics. Kienitz, Norm // Canadian Family Physician;Sep2007, Vol. 53, p1524
The article reviews the book "Beyond the Hippocratic Oath. A Memoir On the Rise of Modern Medical Ethics," by John B. Dossetor.
- Ethical Problems in Dialysis and Transplantation. Friedman, Eli A. // New England Journal of Medicine;4/22/93, Vol. 328 Issue 16, p1204
The article reviews the book "Ethical Problems in Dialysis and Transplantation," by Carl M. Kjellstrand and edited by John B. Dossetor.
- CMAJ appoints first ethicist/ombudsman. Sibbald, Barbara // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;5/14/2002, Vol. 166 Issue 10, p1327
Reports that Dr. John Dossetor has been appointed as ethicist and ombudsman of the 'Canadian Medical Association Journal.' Career highlights; Education; His concerns about the escalating number of ethical dilemmas arising because of advances in medicine.
- Dictionary of Medical Ethics (Book Review). Armour, Leslie // Library Journal;7/1/1978, Vol. 103 Issue 13, p1424
Reviews the book 'Dictionary of Medical Ethics.'
- News @ a glance. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;9/11/2007, Vol. 177 Issue 6, p561
The article offers health related news from across the world. The World Health Organization (WHO) has opened clinical trial registry facilities in China and India. According to the findings of research conducted in New Zealand, cannabis damages the lung's ability to get oxygen and remove waste...
- Medical Ethics: A Guide for Health Professionals (Book). // Annals of Internal Medicine;8/1/89, Vol. 111 Issue 3, p265
Reviews the book 'Medical Ethics: A Guide for Health Professionals,' edited by John F. Monagle and David C. Thomasma.
- Medical Ethics (Book). // Science Teacher;Mar2002, Vol. 69 Issue 3, p48
Reviews the book 'Medical Ethics: Life and Death Issues,' by Karen Judson.