When Marion Copied: Learning about Plagiarism
- What Marion Taught Willis. Glantz, Shelley; Scordato, Julie // Library Media Connection;Nov2005, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p79
Reviews the book "What Marion Taught Willis," by Brook Berg.
- BOOKS BY NEA MEMBERS. // NEA Today;May2007, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p60
The article reviews several books, including "100 Paid Summer Adventures for Teachers," by Jill Frankfort, "Hope," by Adam Eisenson and "When Marion Copied," by Brook Berg.
- Plagiarism. Kopple, Jody // School Library Journal;Feb2009, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p128
The article reviews the book "Plagiarism," edited by Heidi Williams.
- What Marion Taught Willis. Auerbach, Barbara; Jones, Trevelyn E.; Toth, Luann; Charnizon, Marlene; Grabarek, Daryl; Raben, Dale // School Library Journal;Jun2005, Vol. 51 Issue 6, p104
Reviews the book "What Marion Taught Willis," by Brook Berg, illustrated by Nathan Alberg.
- What punishment befits the plagiarist? Franke, Ann H. // Academe;Sep/Oct93, Vol. 79 Issue 5, p64
Focuses on the crime of plagiarism. Forms; Presence or absence of intent as central element; American Association of University Professors' (AAUP) statement defining plagiarism; Amount of work copied; Adequacy of attribution; Faculty hearing body to assess severity of crime; Levels of punishment.
- Did Hyperion heist Guns N' Roses goods? Walls, J.; Pener, D. // New York;2/10/92, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p10
Reports that Hyperion, Disney's publishing arm, has been hit with a charge of plagiarism. Hyperion is publishing a look at the controversial rock group Guns N' Roses, written by Mick Wall. Journalist Kim Neely claims entire paragraphs have beenlifted from a series she wrote for `Rolling Stone.'
- Plagiarism and the worms of accountability. Sterling, G. // Education Digest;May92, Vol. 57 Issue 9, p54
Focuses on an article, condensed from `Reading Improvement,' that talks about how the author taught his English classes about plagiarism. The issue of who wrote more words, the student or the source; Appropriate supplemental ways to use Master Plots and Cliff's Notes; The discussion of study...
- Credit check. Gershkovich, Karen // Across the Board;Jul/Aug96, Vol. 33 Issue 7, p62
Recommends certain responses an employee could use if his or her ideas are usurped by a colleague. Book `They Don't Get It, Do They?,' by Kathleen Kelley Reardon.
- Plagiarism chic. // U.S. News & World Report;8/12/91, Vol. 111 Issue 7, p10
Presents a humorous guide to plagiarism chic, in response to the recent rash of plagiarism charges. Rating system based on recent occurrences. Includes nose thumbing, slumming, profit mongering, putting on airs, snoring and off the chart.