BEAUVOIR AND THE SECOND SEX: FEMINISM, RACE, AND THE ORIGINS OF EXISTENTIALISM
- Beauvior and The Second Sex. Douglas, Carol Anne // Off Our Backs;Apr99, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p9
Reviews the books `Beauvoir and The Second Sex: Feminism, Race, and the Origins of Existentialism' and `Feminist Interpretations of Simone de Beauvoir,' by Margaret Simons.
- Beauvoir's Time/Our Time: The Renaissance in Simone de Beauvoir Studies. Kruks, Sonia // Feminist Studies;Summer2005, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p286
Discusses several books about the works of Simone de Beauvoir, author of the book "The Second Sex." "Beauvoir and "The Second Sex": Feminism, Race, and the Origins of Existentialism," by Margaret Simons; "The Cambridge Companion to Simone de Beauvoir," edited by Claudia Card; "Sex, Gender, and...
- Further Reading/Internet Resources. // Algeria;2008, p76
A list of books and Internet resources that explore Algeria is presented.
- Some Notable New Books, 1998. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2000, p182
No abstract available.
- Best-Selling Books, 1998. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2000, p183
No abstract available.
- Book reviews. Fenner, Michael // African Affairs;Jul94, Vol. 93 Issue 372, p461
Reviews the book `The Southern African Environment: Profiles of the SADC Countries,' by Sam Moyo, Phil O'Keefe and Michael Sill.
- Booklet on Systemic Lupus Erythematosus. // American Family Physician;3/1/1998, Vol. 57 Issue 5, p1148
Presents information on a booklet entitled `Handout on Health: Systemic Lupus Erythematosus,' and published by the National Institute of Arthtitis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases. Contents of the booklet; Availability of the booklet.
- Report resources. // American Rehabilitation;Summer90, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p30
Lists of several manuals and other publications on how to develop and evaluate a corporate disability management program and for people interested in pursuing a variety of health careers. `Strategies for Maintaining a Support Group,' by Pearl R. Paulson; `The Disability Management Sourcebook,'...
- History bookshelf. // American History;Mar/Apr96, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p6
Presents briefs on various books and videos on American history. `The Encyclopedia of New York City'; `Between Two Fires: American Indians In The Civil War'; `The Secret Service'; Details on other books.