BEAUVOIR AND THE SECOND SEX: FEMINISM, RACE, AND THE ORIGINS OF EXISTENTIALISM
- Beauvior and The Second Sex. Douglas, Carol Anne // Off Our Backs;Apr99, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p9
Reviews the books `Beauvoir and The Second Sex: Feminism, Race, and the Origins of Existentialism' and `Feminist Interpretations of Simone de Beauvoir,' by Margaret Simons.
- Beauvoir's Time/Our Time: The Renaissance in Simone de Beauvoir Studies. Kruks, Sonia // Feminist Studies;Summer2005, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p286
Discusses several books about the works of Simone de Beauvoir, author of the book "The Second Sex." "Beauvoir and "The Second Sex": Feminism, Race, and the Origins of Existentialism," by Margaret Simons; "The Cambridge Companion to Simone de Beauvoir," edited by Claudia Card; "Sex, Gender, and...
- Further Reading/Internet Resources. // Algeria;2008, p76
A list of books and Internet resources that explore Algeria is presented.
- Some Notable New Books, 1998. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2000, p182
No abstract available.
- Best-Selling Books, 1998. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2000, p183
No abstract available.
- Book reviews. Fenner, Michael // African Affairs;Jul94, Vol. 93 Issue 372, p461
Reviews the book `The Southern African Environment: Profiles of the SADC Countries,' by Sam Moyo, Phil O'Keefe and Michael Sill.
- Report resources. // American Rehabilitation;Summer90, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p30
Lists of several manuals and other publications on how to develop and evaluate a corporate disability management program and for people interested in pursuing a variety of health careers. `Strategies for Maintaining a Support Group,' by Pearl R. Paulson; `The Disability Management Sourcebook,'...
- Briefly noted. // Architectural Record;Aug1992, Vol. 180 Issue 8, p54
Reviews briefly several new architectural publications including: `The Accessible Housing Design File,' by Ronald L. Mace; `The Americans with Disabilities Act Facilities Compliance Workbook,' by Evan Terry Associates; `A History of Housing in New York City,' by Richard Plunz.
- Book review. Payne, James E. // Business Economics;Jul90, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p68
Reviews the book `Political Economy and International Money: Selected Essays of John Williamson,' edited by Chris Milner.