Rethinking Games Teaching
- What is Teaching Games for Understanding? A Canadian perspective. Mandigo, James; Butler, Joy; Hopper, Tim // Physical & Health Education Journal;Summer2007, Vol. 73 Issue 2, p14
Teaching Games for Understanding (TGfU) was first introduced in the 1980's by Rod Thorpe and David Bunker at Loughborough University in response to the prevailing approach to teaching games. They noticed that students were unable to transfer technical skills to game play, and because the...
- Mentoring in Physical Education (Book). Veal, Mary Lou // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Jul1998, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p505
Reviews the book 'Mentoring in Physical Education: Issues and Insights,' edited by Mick Mawer.
- Concepts for Future Physical Educators. Martin, Ellen; Weimar, Wendi; Schnuelle, Deanna // Teaching Elementary Physical Education;Nov98, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p28
Reviews the book 'Concepts of Physical Education: What Every Student Needs to Know,' edited by Bonnie Mohnsen.
- Adapted Physical Education and Sport (Book). Webb, Daniel // Adapted Physical Activity Quarterly;Oct2001, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p460
Reviews the book 'Adapted Physical Education and Sport,' Third edition,' edited by Joseph P. Winnick.
- Therapeutic Modalities (Book). Quatre, Tannus // Athletic Therapy Today;May2003, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p58
Reviews the non-fiction book 'Therapeutic Modalities,' Second Edition, by Chad Starkey.
- Psychological Training/Psychologisches Training (Book). McGown, Anne // Canadian Journal of Applied Physiology;Feb97, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p86
Reviews the book 'Psychological Training/Psychologisches Training,' edited by Jurgen R. Nitsch and Roland Seiler.
- Overtraining in Sport (Book). Shephard, Roy J. // Canadian Journal of Applied Physiology;Oct98, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p459
Reviews the book 'Overtraining in Sport,' edited by B. Kreider, A.C. Fry and M.L. O'Toole.
- A DISTANCE COVERED. Moore, Richard // Sewanee Review;Summer91, Vol. 99 Issue 3, preceding p337
Reviews the book `Unheard Melodies,' by Warren Leamon.
- THE REVIEW OF A BOOK BY MARIA ROTKIEWICZ — THE LIGHT OF OLYMPIA: The Foundation of The Centre of Olympic Education, Heliodor Publishing House, Warszawa 2011, pp. 358. Daniluk, Katarzyna // Polish Journal of Sport & Tourism;Mar2012, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p77
The article reviews the book "The Light of Olympia," by Maria Rotkiewicz.