- Therapeutic Hypothermia. Perlman, Jeffrey // New England Journal of Medicine;6/16/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 24, p2562
Reviews the book "Therapeutic Hypothermia," edited by Stephan A. Mayer and Daniel I. Sessler.
- Timing of surgery doesn't affect risk of death, study says. // Journal of Business (10756124);12/1/2011, Vol. 26 Issue 25, pB9
The article focuses on the findings of a study, led by Daniel I. Sessler of Cleveland Clinic, and published in the December 2011 issue of Anesthesia & Analgesia, which indicate that the timing of surgery has no impact on the risk of death.
- INTRACEREBRAL HEMORRHAGE. Di Napoli, Mario // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;2/16/2011, Vol. 305 Issue 7, p718
The article reviews the book "Intracerebral Hemorrhage," edited by J. Ricardo Carhuapoma, Stephan A. Mayer and Daniel F. Hanley.
- The problem with cold water. Morris, Michele // Backpacker;Jun95, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p76
Provides measures on how deal with hypothermia. Symptoms of hypothermia; Avoidance of rewarming too quickly.
- Hypothermia. // Current Health 2;Jan1989, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p16
Discusses hypothermia, low body temperature which kills about 900 people each year in the US. Warning signs; The problems of first aid; What to do.
- This article could save your life. // Current Events;1/19/90, Vol. 89 Issue 15, p3
Discusses the cold-weather threat of hypothermia. Death toll; Symptoms; Prevention.
- Beware the silent killer! // Current Events;1/6/92, Vol. 91 Issue 14, p3
Warns of the dangers of hypothermia, a life-threatening drop in body temperature. Causes of the condition; Symptoms of hypothermia; How to protect yourself.
- Don't fold in the cold. Gill Jr., P.G. // Outdoor Life;Feb92, Vol. 189 Issue 2, p22
Discusses hypothermia, the number-one killer of hunters and fishermen. How cold pulls the heat out of one's body; Body reactions to heat loss; Ways to get hypothermia; Treatment; Prevention.
- Treat for hypothermia. Walhout, Marcia F.; Hurley, Mary Lou // RN;Apr92, Vol. 55 Issue 4, p50
Offers a look at hypothermia and its signs so you can help slow its progress before it threatens a patient's life. Hypothermia is a danger all year long; How the body fights to keep normal heat; The early stages of hypothermia; Severe hypothermia can mimic death; Main priority of keeping the...