Bioterrorism and Infectious Agents: A New Dilemma for the 21st Century
- Biological and Chemical Terrorism: A Guide for Healthcare Providers and First Responders (Book). Hankins, Daniel G. // Mayo Clinic Proceedings;Nov2003, Vol. 78 Issue 11, p1436
Reviews the book 'Biological and Chemical Terrorism: A Guide for Healthcare Providers and First Responders,' by Raymond S. Weinstein and Kenneth Alibek.
- In the Germ Labs. Guterl, Fred; Conant, Eve; Barry, John; Hosenball, Mark; Rogers, Adam // Newsweek;2/25/2002, Vol. 139 Issue 8, p26
Assesses the risks in Russia because of its stocks of biological agents and weapons. Fears by the United States that terrorists will target ex-Soviet weapons scientists for recruitment, and that security is lax at these laboratories; Comments by senior Soviet bioweapons official Ken Alibek on...
- Bioterror (Book). Baird, Vanessa // New Internationalist;Mar2003, Issue 354, p31
Reviews the book 'Bioterror: Manufacturing Wars the American Way,' edited by Ellen Ray and William H. Schaap.
- Bioterrorism (Book). // Annals of Internal Medicine;12/3/2002, Vol. 137 Issue 11, p938
Reviews the book 'Bioterrorism: Guidelines for Medical and Public Health Management,' edited by D.A. Henderson, T.V. Inglesby and T. O'Toole.
- GPs must be alert to smallpox threat. Baines, Emma // GP: General Practitioner;1/20/2003, p28
Reports on the possibility of increasing bioterrorism attacks in Great Britain. Increase in the biological agent ricin; Mortality rate of the disease smallpox; Precautionary measures of these bioterrorism attacks; Responsibilities of general practitioners in providing health care services to...
- AAHP President Updates Members Of Congress On Bioterrorism Detection Partnership With CDC. // Insurance Advocate;5/12/2003, Vol. 114 Issue 18, p28
Reports on the report submitted by the American Association of Health Plans to U.S. Congress on the bioterrorism detection partnership of the association with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Need to be better prepared for potential terrorist attacks; Goal of launching a national...
- Biodefence on the research agenda. Fauci, Anthony S. // Nature;2/20/2003, Vol. 421 Issue 6925, p787
Reports on the efforts of the United States government to counter bioterrorism. Amount relegated by the government to research on bioterrorism; Strategies launched by the U.S. to counter bioterrorism.
- Europe urged to provide boost for bioterror research. Abbott, Alison // Nature;12/5/2002, Vol. 420 Issue 6915, p450
Stresses the need for European countries to improve its research funding on bioterrorism. Vulnerability of the region to terrorist attacks; Concerns on the implications of expansion of research on bioterrorism.
- Bioterrorism Preparedness. // Health Affairs;Mar/Apr2003, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p271
Presents an abstract of the report, titled 'State and Local Bioterrorism Preparedness,' from the Office of Inspector General, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.