Oxford handbook of psychiatry: Psychiatry, third edition, Oxford core texts
Tags: BOOKS -- Reviews; OXFORD Handbook of Psychiatry (Book); PSYCHIATRY (Book); SEMPLE, David; SMYTH, Roger; BURNS, Jonathan; DARJEE, Rajan; MCINTOSH, Andrew; GELDER, Michael; MAYOU, Richard; GEDDES, John, 1735-1799; NONFICTION
- The Sundog Season. Kinsella, W. P. // Books in Canada;Nov2005, Vol. 34 Issue 8, p36
The article reviews the book "The Sundog Season," by John Geddes.
- Psychiatry for trainees--and others. Brandon, Sydney // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);6/16/1984, Vol. 288 Issue 6433, p1825
Reviews the book 'Oxford Medical Publications. 'Oxford Textbook of Psychiatry,' by Michael Gelder, Dennis Gath and Richard Mayou.
- Shorter Oxford Textbook of Psychiatry. Ford, Pamela // Occupational Medicine;Mar2011, Vol. 61 Issue 2, p138
No abstract available.
- New Oxford Textbook of Psychiatry. McHugh, Paul R. // New England Journal of Medicine;7/26/2001, Vol. 345 Issue 4, p299
The article reviews the book "New Oxford Textbook of Psychiatry," edited by Michael G. Gelder, Juan J. Lopez-Ibor and Nancy Andreasen.
- New Oxford Textbook of Psychiatry (2nd edn). Reid, Ian // British Journal of Psychiatry;Aug2010, Vol. 197 Issue 2, p160
The article reviews the book "New Oxford Textbook of Psychiatry," 2nd edition, edited by Michael Gelder, Nancy Andreasen, Juan Lopez-Ibor and John Geddes.
- Postgraduate Psychiatry: Clinical and Scientific Foundations (2nd edn)/IntroductoryTextbook of Psychiatry (3rd edn)/Shorter Oxford Textbook of Psychiatry. McIvor, Ronan // British Journal of Psychiatry;Dec2002, Vol. 181, p545
The article reviews several books on psychiatry namely "Postgraduate Psychiatry: Clinical and Scientific Foundations," second edition, edited by Louis Appleby, David M. Forshaw, Tim Amos and Helen Barker, "Introductory Textbook of Psychiatry," third edition, by Nancy C. Andreaen and Donald W....
- Nieman Foundation Announces International Fellows For 2002-03. // Nieman Reports;Summer2002, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p103
Provides information on several journalists who were appointed to the class of Nieman Fellows as of summer 2002. Radka Betcheva; Raviv Drucker; John Geddes.
- UK psychiatrists question SSRI warnings for under-18s. Meek, Colin // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;2/17/2004, Vol. 170 Issue 4, p455
Reports on the concern expressed by British psychiatrists about regulatory action to curb the use of most selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRI) to treat depression in children and adolescent. Warning issued by the British Committee on Safety of Medicines regarding the use of SSRI;...
- ECT may be better than drugs for short term depression. Mayor, Susan // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);3/15/2003, Vol. 326 Issue 7389, p569
Reports that electroconvulsive therapy (ECT) is more effective than drug treatment for short-term depression, according to a study at the University of Oxford in England. Discussion of clinical trial results, by lead researcher, Professor John Geddes; View of Alison Cobb, policy officer with...