- Information Representation and Retrieval in the Digital Age, Second Edition. // Information Today;Feb2010, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p30
The article reviews the book "Information Representation and Retrieval in the Digital Age," Second Edition, by Heting Chu.
- Of mind and media. Salomon, Gavriel // Phi Delta Kappan;Jan97, Vol. 78 Issue 5, p375
Explores some of the relationships between mind and media as they pertain to education. The interrelation of mind and technological media through metaphors; the symbolic aspects of information and their relation to learning; The influence on learning of the symbolic/representational nature of...
- Selected conference summaries. Jarrett, Caroline; Dyson, Mary; Rock, Frances; Engelhardt, Yuri; Power, Nigel; Cantley, Audrey; Sless, David // Information Design Journal;2002/2003, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p91
Presents selected conference summaries on information theory. Discussion on usability evaluation; Exploration on ways for effective reading; Role of information design in legal communication; Discussions of other selected conference summaries on information theory.
- A Whole New Mind. Pink, Daniel H. // Shift: At the Frontiers of Consciousness;Sep/Nov2005, Issue 8, p31
Presents an excerpt on conceptualism from "A Whole New Mind: Moving from the Information Age to the Conceptual Age."
- Reasoning about concurrent interaction. Karlsson, L; Karlsson, Lars; Gustafsson, J; Gustafsson, Joakim // Journal of Logic & Computation;Oct99, Vol. 9 Issue 5
Presents the use of Temporal Approach Action Logic combined by ramification and concurrency (TAL-C) to represent a number phenomena related to action concurrency. Interference of the effects of one action with another action; Alteration of the world state using influence laws; Modification of...
- Model Libraries: Knowledge Representation and Reasoning. Mannino, Michael V.; Greenberg, Betsy S.; Hong, Sa Neung // ORSA Journal on Computing;Summer90, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p287
We propose a knowledge representation and operators for large, diverse model libraries. The knowledge representation distinguishes between model types that are classes of models defined by a collection of assumptions and model templates and instances that instantiate model types through...
- Function, anticipation, representation. Bickhard, Mark. H. // AIP Conference Proceedings;2001, Vol. 573 Issue 1, p459
Function emerges in certain kinds of far-from-equilibrium systems. One important kind of function is that of interactive anticipation, an adaptedness to temporal complexity. Interactive anticipation is the locus of the emergence of normative representational content, and, thus, of representation...
- Students' construction of structured knowledge representations. Mioduser, David; Marin, Marta Santa Mar // Journal of Research on Computing in Education;Fall95, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p63
Describes an exploratory study on the acquisition and use of knowledge representation skills and structures by sixth graders, supported by a computer-based learning environment. Effect of the construction of computer knowledge bases on the students' ability to analyze and organize and represent...
- A Study of the Effects of Vividness and Numeric Representation. Dunn, Robert; Zhou, Shuhua // Conference Papers -- National Communication Association;2009, p1
. ..PAT.-Unpublished Manuscript