Clinical Practice: American College of Physicians Guidelines and U.S. Preventive Services Task Force Recommendations
- Clinical Practice. Wright, Lucy // Occupational Medicine;Dec2006, Vol. 56 Issue 8, p584
The article reviews the book "Clinical Practice: American College of Physicians Guidelines and U.S. Preventive Services Task Force Recommendations," edited by Vincenza Snow.
- Quality in Orthopaedic Surgery--An International Perspective. Saleh, Khaled J.; Bozic, Kevin J.; Graham, David B.; Shaha, Steven H.; Swiontkowski, Marc F.; Wright, James G.; Robinson, Brooke S.; Novicoff, Wendy M. // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;1/2/2013, Vol. 95-A Issue 1, p94
The article focuses on the quality and performance improvement activities in the conduct of orthopaedic surgery. It discusses the ways information technology can contribute to improve clinical practice and continuous improvement. A graph is also presented that compares the quality of treatment...
- Annual Flu Vaccination Recommended for All Health Care Workers. // Pulmonary Reviews;Nov2007, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p40
The article addresses the need for annual influenza vaccination among all health care workers. The American College of Physicians (ACP) recommends that an annual flu vaccination should be required for all health care workers with direct patient care activities. According to Vincenza Snow,...
- Cold Relief. Platzman, Andrea // Men's Fitness;Nov2004, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p40
Offers advice on treating a sore throat. Use of salty water according to Vincenza Snow, a Philadelphia, Pennsylvania-based internist; Information on zinc supplements.
- Widespread Statin Use Recommended for Patients With Type 2 Diabetes. Voelker, Rebecca // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;5/26/2004, Vol. 291 Issue 20, p2419
Focuses on new guidelines from the American College of Physicians, which recommend widespread use of cholesterol-lowering statins to prevent cardiovascular disease in type-2 diabetics. Comment of Vincenza Snow, senior medical associate in the ACP scientific policy department, on the importance...
- Pharmacist Disease Management -- Diabetes. Johnson, John T. // American Journal of Pharmaceutical Education;May2006, Vol. 70 Issue 2, p1
The article reviews the book "Pharmacist Disease Management: Diabetes," 3rd edition.
- A New Classic on Nutrition. Bowden, Jonny // Townsend Letter;Jun2009, Issue 311, p95
The article reviews the book "Food and Nutrients in Disease Management," edited by Ingrid Kohlstadt, MD, MPH.
- Difficult Medical Management (Book). Zaager, Andrew // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;5/1/91, Vol. 265 Issue 17, p2261
Reviews the non-fiction book 'Difficult Medical Management,' edited by Robert B. Taylor.
- Disease Management in the Elderly (Book Review). Mulley, Graham P. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);7/21/1984, Vol. 289 Issue 6438, p180
Reviews the book 'Disease Management in the Elderly,' by Anthony Martin and A. John Camm.