60 Hikes Within 60 Miles, New York City
- Trail Guide to the South Fork (Book). Rowen, John // New York State Conservationist;Oct2004, Vol. 59 Issue 2, p31
Reviews the book "Trail Guide to the South Fork," by Mike Bottini.
- Winning The Rat Race. Dorn, Jonathan // Backpacker;Aug2000, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p70
Describes the trails in The Long Path, New York.
- Heritage Trail pathway between Chester and Goshen is dedicated. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;06/23/97, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p36
Focuses on the dedication of the Heritage Trail in Goshen, New York in memory of Edward Harriman Northrup on June 7, 1997. Groups responsible for the construction of the road section.
- Brush With Adventure. Rick, Peter // Backpacker;Aug99, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p96
Provides information on the Catskill Mountains' Escarpment Trail. Portion of the trail where Rip Van Winkle is said to have slept; Artists who found inspiration in Catskill; Description of the terrain and the scenery.
- Trail notes. Shealey, T.; Wysocki, A. // Backpacker;Jun92, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p83
Announces that a new 3.5 mile riverside trail has opened in New York, linking the estates of Franklin D. Roosevelt and Cornelius Vanderbilt. The Hyde Park Trail, which runs along the Hudson river, north of Poughkeepsie; Views of the Hudson River; Plans to develop a Hudson River Greenway Trail...
- Our link to the outdoors. Cobb, Tom // New York State Conservationist;Feb96, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p6
Features various outdoor trails in New York. Popularity of the network of trails within the Allegany State Park; Value of trails for physical fitness; Hudson River Greenway Trail's linking of numerous state parks and historic sites.
- Finger Lakes Trail in Letchworth State Park. Lyons, Chuck // New York State Conservationist;Oct99, Vol. 54 Issue 2, p18
Looks at the Finger Lakes Trail at Letchworth State Park in New York. Description; People responsible for the development of the trail; Other branch trails.
- New trails at Henry's Woods. Knight, Chris // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;7/10/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 162, pA1
The article reports on the cutting of trails in Lake Placid, Adirondack Mountains, New York designed for hiking, walking, snowshoeing, and cross-country skiing.
- GODS of ROCK. Clynes, Tom // Backpacker;Dec2006, Vol. 34 Issue 9, p80
The article reports on the trailbuilding crew who fixes hiking paths in the Adirondack mountains of New York state.