Voices of the Flute: Songs of Three Southern California Indian Nations
- Morongo Flute-Making Workshop a Success. Murkland, Pat // News from Native California;Summer2005, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p39
Focuses on the success of the Morongo Flute-Making Workshop sponsored by the nonprofit organization Dorothy Ramon Learning Center Inc. held at the Morongo Indian Reservation in California in 2004. Benefits offered by the workshop; Activities performed by the participants as part of the...
- Cahuilla/Serrano elder named 11th recipient of the Spirit of the Heard award. // Indian Life;Nov/Dec2014, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p6
The article announces that Ernest H. Siva (Cahuilla/Serrano) has received the 11th annual Spirit of the Heard Award from the Heard Museum.
- ART BRIEFS. // Navajo Times;10/16/2014, Vol. 53 Issue 42, pA-9
The article reviews the exhibition "Map of My Heart" at the Museum of Northern Arizona through October 26, 2014, featuring works by Navajo artist Shonto Begay, and announces the 11th annual Spirit of the Heart award received by Ernest H. Siva from the Heard Museum.
- The Dorothy Ramon Learning Center. Murkland, Pat // News from Native California;Summer2005, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p42
Provides information on the Dorothy Ramon Learning Center founded by Ernest H. Siva in southern California in November 2003. Benefits offered by the center; Educational programs and missions offered by the center; Members of the center's board of directors.
- Saving the Bighorn Sheep Songs. Murkland, Pat // News from Native California;Winter2008/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p19
This article describes how Bighorn Sheep Songs from the ancient southern California Serrano Indian Tribe were preserved for future generations. The author describes how Ernest H. Siva teaches the ceremonial songs through a grant from the Alliance for California Traditional Arts. The article also...
- Old Gambler's Song. // Way We Lived: California Indian Stories, Songs & Reminiscences;1993, p79
Chapter 4 entitled "Old Age and Death: Old Gambler's Song" of the book "The Way We Lived: California Indian Stories, Songs & Reminiscences," 2nd edition, edited with commentary by Malcolm Margolin is presented. It presents a song for an old gambler in the California Indian society. For some, old...
- Renaissance: Studies in Art & Poetry (Release Date: 11/1/2000). Pater, Walter // Renaissance: Studies in Art & Poetry (Release Date: 11/1/2000);1/1/1910, p1
Presents the complete text of "Renaissance: Studies in Art & Poetry (Release Date: 11/1/2000)" by Pater, Walter, 1839-1894.
- prepub alert. Hoffert, Barbara // Library Journal;5/15/2008, Vol. 133 Issue 9, p80
A list of books deemed notable by the magazine and scheduled for publication in 2008 is presented. Fiction stand-outs include "Takeover," by Lisa Black and "Deaf Sentence," by David Lodge. Among the nonfiction choices are "The Numerati," by Stephen Baker and "Angler: The Cheney Vice Presidency,"...
- Bestsellers. // Christian Science Monitor;11/7/96, Vol. 88 Issue 241, p14
Presents the names of hardcover nonfiction books. `Making The Connection:...' by Bob Green and Oprah Winfrey, `American Tragedy' by Schiller and Willwerth, `Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus' by John Gray, `The Zone' by Barry Sears' and `The Dilbert Principle' by Scott Adams. INSET:...