Peasant Protests and Uprisings in Tokugawa Japan
- Peasant Protests and Uprisings in Tokugawa Japan (Book Review). Walthall, Anne // American Historical Review;Oct87, Vol. 92 Issue 4, p1017
Reviews the book 'Peasant Protests and Uprisings in Tokugawa Japan,' by Stephen Vlastos.
- Peasant Protest in Japan, 1590-1884/ Peasant Protests and Uprisings in Tokugawa Japan (Book Review). Kelly, William W. // Journal of Social History;Spring88, Vol. 21 Issue 3
Reviews the books 'Peasant Protest in Japan, 1590-1884,' by Herbert P. Bix and 'Peasant Protests and Uprisings in Tokugawa Japan,' by Stephen Vlastos.
- Demo to ha Nanika? [What are Demonstrations About?]. STEINHOFF, Patricia G. // Social Science Japan Journal;Jan2014, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p107
A review of the book "Demo to ha Nanika?/What Are Demonstrations About?," by Gonoi Ikuo is presented.
- Visionary activist. Mirriam-Goldberg, Caryn // Women's Review of Books;Dec2002, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p11
Reviews the book 'Webs of Power: Notes From the Global Uprising,' by Starhawk.
- Mexico Interrupted. Bunstead, Thomas; Hughes, Sophie // Words Without Borders: The Online Magazine for International Lit;Mar2015, p6
The authors discuss how they wrote the nonfiction book "Mexico Interrupted" with an intention of sharing non-newsworthy Mexican realities. Topics covered include the appeal of the book to the authors as an anti-theme, the links between the Mexican government and narcotics-related crime, and...
- 1968: The Year That Rocked the World (Book). Helicher, Karl // Library Journal;1/15/2004, Vol. 129 Issue 1, p131
Reviews the book "1968: The Year That Rocked the World," by Mark Kurlansky.
- Popular Protest in Late Medieval English Towns, by Samuel K. Cohn, Jr. Swanson, R.N. // English Historical Review;Aug2014, Vol. 129 Issue 539, p951
No abstract available.
- Popular Protest in China. Solinger, Dorothy J. // China Perspectives;2009, Vol. 2009 Issue 4, p142
The article reviews the book "Popular Protest in China," edited by Kevin J. O'Brien.
- A BITTER REVOLUTION: China's Struggle with the Modern World. Christiansen, Flemming // Pacific Affairs;Summer2005, Vol. 78 Issue 2, p286
The article reviews the book "A Bitter Revolution: China's Struggle With the Modern World," by Rana Mitter.