Rebecca's Children: A Study of Rural Society, Crime, and Protest
- Russian vignette. Rimmel, Lesley A. // Women's Review of Books;Feb2002, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p30
Reviews the book 'All the Clean Ones Are Married and Other Everyday Calamities in Moscow,' by Lori Cidylo.
- Remember Rebecca. Kulash, Damian J. // Transportation Quarterly;Summer97, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p3
The transportation sector should always remember the lessons learned by the tragedy of the Rebecca Riots in Wales from 1839 to 1844. The sector should recognize that while toll roads are not an easy sell, traditional wisdom holds that the public will accept them only when the other alternative...
- Rebecca's Children: A Study of Rural Society, Crime, and Protest (Book). Dunkley, Peter // American Historical Review;Dec91, Vol. 96 Issue 5, p1541
Reviews the book `Rebecca's Children: A Study of Rural Society, Crime, and Protest,` by David J.V. Jones.
- Justice seen to be done. Higgs, Edward // History Today;Oct2011, Vol. 61 Issue 10, p3
The article examines the history of rioting in Great Britain and the development of techniques for identifying rioters. The author is largely concerned with the identification of those involved in the London, England riots of August 2011. He evaluates the use of closed circuit television cameras...
- Crime in Nineteenth Century Wales. Weinberger, Barbara // Labour History Review (Maney Publishing);Spring93, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p76
The article reviews the book "Crime in Nineteenth Century Wales," by David J.V. Jones.
- OBITUARY. Coates, David; Ashton, Owen R. // Labour History Review (Maney Publishing);Winter94, Vol. 59 Issue 3, p2
The article presents obituaries for British college professors Ralph Miliband and David J.V. Jones. Since Ralph Miliband's untimely death in May, many generous tributes have been paid to him, and rightly so. Ralph was a wonderful person, a fine socialist and an outstanding intellectual and...
- Renaissance: Studies in Art & Poetry (Release Date: 11/1/2000). Pater, Walter // Renaissance: Studies in Art & Poetry (Release Date: 11/1/2000);1/1/1910, p1
Presents the complete text of "Renaissance: Studies in Art & Poetry (Release Date: 11/1/2000)" by Pater, Walter, 1839-1894.
- prepub alert. Hoffert, Barbara // Library Journal;5/15/2008, Vol. 133 Issue 9, p80
A list of books deemed notable by the magazine and scheduled for publication in 2008 is presented. Fiction stand-outs include "Takeover," by Lisa Black and "Deaf Sentence," by David Lodge. Among the nonfiction choices are "The Numerati," by Stephen Baker and "Angler: The Cheney Vice Presidency,"...
- Bestsellers. // Christian Science Monitor;11/7/96, Vol. 88 Issue 241, p14
Presents the names of hardcover nonfiction books. `Making The Connection:...' by Bob Green and Oprah Winfrey, `American Tragedy' by Schiller and Willwerth, `Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus' by John Gray, `The Zone' by Barry Sears' and `The Dilbert Principle' by Scott Adams. INSET:...