Voices of the People: the Politics and Life of 'La Sociale' at the end of the Second Empire
- 'Pariscope': Mapping Metropolitan Mythologies and Mass Media Circuitry. STEPHENSON, ANDREW // Oxford Art Journal;1995, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p160
The article reviews the book "Street Noises: Parisian Pleasure 1900-40," by Adrian Rifkin, with foreword by George Melly.
- Secret Britain. // New Scientist;8/16/2003, Vol. 179 Issue 2408, p45
Reviews the book 'Cold War: Building for Nuclear Confrontation 1946-1989,' by Wayne Cocroft and Roger Thomas.
- Pinson on Revenue Law (Book). James, Simon // Accounting & Business Research (Wolters Kluwer UK);Winter87, Vol. 18 Issue 69, p79
Reviews the book "Pinson on Revenue Law," 17th Edition, by Barry Pinson and Roger Thomas.
- Polnische Arbeitsmigranten in Wilhelmsburg bei Hamburg wahrend des Kaiserreichs und der Weimarrer Republik (Book Review). Lee, J.J. // American Historical Review;Jun89, Vol. 94 Issue 3, p815
Reviews the book 'Polnische Arbeitsmigranten in Wilhelmsburg bei Hamburg wahrend des Kaiserreichs und der Weimarer Republik,' by Elke Hauschildt.
- Harlem (Book Review). Caviston, John F. // School Library Journal;Oct74, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p118
Reviews the book 'Harlem: a History of Broken Dreams,' by Warren J. Halliburton and Ernest Kaiser.
- One More Time. // Hospitality Design;Jan/Feb2009, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p33
The article evaluates the Encore hotel in Las Vegas, Nevada, designed by Roger Thomas, Wynn Design and Development's executive president of design.
- Theoretical Methods in Social History (Book Review). Lapidus, Ira M. // American Historical Review;Jun79, Vol. 84 Issue 3, p709
Reviews the book 'Theoretical Methods in Social History,' by Arthur L. Stinchcombe.
- Social History of Timbuktu (Book Review). Manning, Patrick // American Historical Review;Dec84, Vol. 89 Issue 5, p1371
Reviews the book 'Social History of Timbuktu: The Role of Muslim Scholars and Notables, 1400â€“1900,' by Elias N. Saad.
- Appeal over grazing rights. Ainsworth, David // Third Sector;6/12/2012, Issue 710, p5
The article discusses the appeal submitted by Llanfair Waterdine trustee Roger Thomas to the tribunal of the Charity Commission in Great Britain on its decision to allow trustees of a group of charities to bid for grazing rights on the land of Llanfair Waterdine in Shropshire.