The Erosion of Childhood: Child Oppression in Britain, 1860-1918
- Rogues and Vagabonds: Vagranr Underworlds in Britain 1815-1985. Jenkins, Elizabeth // Crime, Law & Social Change;Jan91, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p79
The article reviews the book "Rogues and Vagabonds: Vagranr Underworlds in Britain 1815-1985," by Lionel Rose.
- Massacre of the Innocents (Book). Higginbotham, Ann R. // Victorian Studies;Winter88, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p283
Reviews the book 'Massacre of the Innocents: Infanticide in Britain, 1800-1939,' by Lionel Rose.
- Oppression A Socio-History of Black-White Relations in America (Book). Jones, Clifton R // International Review of Modern Sociology;Autumn86, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p416
Reviews the book "Oppression: A Socio-History of Black-White Relations in America," by Jonathan H. Turner.
- Assertive Black...Puzzled White. A Black Perspective on Assertive Behavior (Book Review). // Education;Summer84, Vol. 104 Issue 4, p429
Assertive Black ... Puzzled White. A Black Perspective on Assertive Behavior. Donald K. Cheek. Impact Publishers, Inc., San Luis Obispo, California, 1976, 132 pp. The author maintains that this book has a powerful message that seeks to focus our national attention in the United States on the...
- THE LANGUAGE OF OPPRESSION. Daniel, Jack L.; Niles, Lyndrey A.; Beck, Andrea Hylton // Today's Speech;Fall1975, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p50
Reviews the book "The Language of Oppression," by Haig Bosmajian.
- RACIAL OPPRESSION IN AMERICA (Book). // Social Forces;Jun74, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p587
Reviews the book "Racial Oppression in America," by Robert Blauner.
- Working across our differences--perspectives on oppression. Brooks, Catherine; Dharsey, Zunade // Convergence;1993, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p20
Presents views generated from the experience of four individuals reflecting on the ideological power of otherness as it is lived from various locations. Documentation of a symposium called `Working Across Our Differences', presented at the 1992 conference of the Canadian Association for Studies...
- A 50 year oppression. Shabin, Mariam // Middle East;May98, Issue 278, p8
Presents information on how the Palestinians are celebrating 50 years of oppression. How Palestinians are commemorating the years of oppression; Indentification of places that Palestinians were oppressed; Details on the Palestinians were oppress; INSET: 1948 remembered.
- Half the Sky: Turning Oppression into Opportunity for Women Worldwide. DoCarmo, Tania // Social Work & Christianity;Winter2012, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p492
The article reviews the book "Half the Sky: Turning Oppression Into Opportunity for Women Worldwide," by N. Kristof and WuDunn.