Society and Economy in Modern Britain, 1700-1850
- Franchising revived. // Railway Gazette International;Mar2013, Vol. 169 Issue 3, p12
The article reports on the move by the government of Great Britain to resume three bidding competitions that were delayed due to significant errors after the review by Eurostar chairperson Richard Brown of the franchising programme.
- Modernization (Book Review). Farrell, James J. // Journal of Social History;Summer78, Vol. 11 Issue 4
Reviews the book 'Modernization: The Transformation of American Life, 1600-1865,' by Richard D. Brown.
- Modernization (Book Review). Cassidy, Keith // Canadian Journal of History;Aug79, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p288
Reviews the book 'Modernization: The Transformation of American Life, 1600-1865,' by Richard O. Brown.
- Strain of Violence (Book Review). Levin, James // LJ: Library Journal;6/1/1975, Vol. 100 Issue 11, p1122
Reviews the book 'Strain of Violence: Historical Studies of American Violence and Vigilantism,' by Richard Maxwell Brown.
- Massachusetts (Book). // School Library Journal;Jan79, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p68
Reviews the book 'Massachusetts: A Bicentennial History,' by Richard D. Brown.
- Modernization in East Asia: Political, Economic, and Social Perspectives (Book). Gold, Thomas B. // Social Forces;Dec93, Vol. 72 Issue 2, p577
Reviews the book "Modernization in East Asia: Political, Economic, and Social Perspectives," edited by Richard Harvey Brown and William T. Liu.
- The GAO: Untapped Source of Congressional Power (Book). Wright, Howard W.; Sterling, Robert R. // Accounting Review;Jul71, Vol. 46 Issue 3, p624
Reviews the book "The GAO: Untapped Source of Congressional Power," by Richard E. Brown.
- Eurostar shows support for High Speed 2. // Rail Business Intelligence;7/5/2007, Issue 297, p2
The article reports that Richard Brown, chief executive of Eurostar, has welcomed the suggestion by Greengauge 21 that its proposed high-speed line from London to the West Midlands in England, should be used by direct international services from Birmingham and Manchester to Paris in France,...
- Sociology: Aesthetics, poetics and text. Ward, J. P. // Human Studies;Apr90, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p187
Reviews the book "Society As Text: Essays on Rhetoric, Reason, and Reality," by Richard Harvey Brown.